Sign in to follow this  
ColinSigley

Virus (solved: false positive)

I have just installed the GTN 750 but whenever I try to load x-Plane 11, I get the warning "rxpGtnSim32.dll infected with WIN32:Evo-gen".  I have tried the support link to the company to no avail.  I also have the black screen despite adding the system variables.

Any help gratefully received.

The virus warning is a known false positive.  You should be able to exclude the file in your AV program.  Don't know about the other issue. How do you get a black screen if the virus warning stopped the installation?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi, this is a false positive like explained in a few threads in these forums already.

The component reported (rxpGtnSim.dll) is the core GTN simulation handling all trainer related code. The plugin is independent and seems not affected, hence, the device shows in-sim but the screen remains blank.

Just 'exclude' rxpGtnSim##.dll from your A/V scans, un-quarantine it if necessary, or reinstall the software over.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

16 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi, this is documented already:

This was last year in October. They did not fix this? It is fixable on the server side. Hard to fix on the client side without disabling Defender.

Thanks for the help.  I have created an exception and reported the false positive to AVG.  The programme loaded after I overrode AVG and let XP11 continue to load.  The black screen remains.  See my latest post.

Hi, unfortunately there is nothing we can do to make Microsoft and any other anti-virus vendor 'white list' our files in their products.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)