Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Anchorage X issues

I have no issues at the airport including Lake Hood, but the elevations at the surrounding airports is off. On final, I see grass when I land on the grass I continue down on the real runway. PANC is located at the top of the library, and I'm using it with ORBX Global, Vector, and Southern Alaska. This is in PREPARED v4.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have you tried running the Orbx elevation configurator tool? Are you sure this wasn't present prior to installing PANC?

Yeah sounds like a potential vector issue

You need the Lorbi addon tool to run the Orbx Vector tool.  It makes it easier than to copy and paste and moving files manually. Instructions are in the vector support in the Orbx forum.

I ran the Orbx Configuration Tool and it's still the same. I had the old Anchorage X then upgraded to this.

Do you have the latest version installed? because they have corrected the elevation problems.

The latest version is 1.10

You mean to say the world class aerosoft didn't test their scenery before putting it on the market...... 

If you're using ORBX Southern Alaska, there are elevation files for both Lake Hood and for the PANC airport in the scenery\world\scenery folder that have to be disabled or removed if you use Aerosoft's Anchorage Pro (ADE_FTX_SCA_PANC_elevation_adjustment.bgl and ADE_FTX_SCA_Z41_elevation_adjustment.bgl).  I'm guessing at least the Z41 elevation file is still there and causing an issue. 

You also have to go back in and repeat the process any time you run FTXCentral because it will automatically replace those files if it finds them missing.  I wrote a batch process to do this for all my ORBX sceneries that conflict with other add-ons.

Regards