Sign in to follow this  
Cargostorm

Update for C90B HD P3D4

They can't be serious!  

I acquired a Saitek Multi-Panel (autopilot module) due to my fondness for the C90B and to compensate for it's autopilot location, which I acknowledge is an accurate placement!

This GTN placement makes no sense! A true non-starter!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Wow, I almost just bought this as I never bothered getting it before... After seeing how they shoved the GTN in the most idiotic place possible, I'll stay way clear of it. Thank you for the heads up with the screenshot showing us this "update". I also can't believe these people are asking 39.95$ for that aircraft seeing that the GTX version is the same price. :(

• Upvote 1

Andrew Walker

I mean, if Carenado had to re-work the whole panel to add a GTN bezel, the inertia probably would have been too much for them to do any kind of substantial update.  FWIW, I installed the first P3Dv4 update they provided for the C90B, and the exterior shadowing was all messed up.  The model clearly needed some adjustments, so I'm really happy to see this update.  They added their signature fresnel-ramped reflections and light blooms to the exterior.

In real King Airs from this vintage, the spot where you see the GTN is where the FMS would be located, if equipped.  I suppose if you had an airplane like this in real life and wanted an easy all-in-one WAAS + ADS-B solution that didn't require sending the whole panel to the machine shop, it might make sense.  Not saying it's ideal but, if it helps the whole thing make more sense... Check the cockpit photos of this aircraft.

Lest we forget that you can still use the GNS430...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Wow, I almost just bought this as I never bothered getting it before...

Jocko,
This is still an excellent aircraft to fly if you can accept a GNS430.  I logged a lot of hours in the first version, only displaced by the RealAir Turbine Duke v2, which is no longer available.  If you fly GA you should not overlook this one. it is a good one.  They just crapped out on the GTN! Minimal effort to claim a feature! Embarassing on that aspect.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Rob, please read my post, I quote above,  "I have run the F1GTN750C90B app in the Carenado C90 King Air folder and nothing.  The GTN app runs and tells me it's there but all I see is the Avidyne and GPS 400."

Check for a setting in the aircraft config file.......

dave

Failing that it may be in the “panel” file......

One of the pictures in the Carenado C90 product listings shows the GTN in the middle of the instrument panel where the Avidyne unit is now. This is very misleading, or perhaps the release of version 2 missed that update?

• Upvote 2

Dale

Hi Folks,

I believe the any pix of the GTN on the panel are using Bert's fine mod ?

I have the C90 but I haven't tried the update yet - the modded Cheyenne is my "go to" twin turbo - lol - but many of you know that...

:tongue:

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks.

FYI: PC Aviator doesn't have the update yet...

Regards,
Scott

offensive initials not allowed. why didn’t they put it in the back seat?

• Upvote 1

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Hi Greg,

Hmm - I just downloaded it a few minutes ago - the executable was labeled 1.2 - maybe I should try it anyway... Strange - thanks...

Hi Folks,

Honestly - I don't think it's possible for a GTN to drive a real Proline 21 - kinda like paying for a Maserati and powering it with a Volkswagen Beatle - so - mounting it on the center console might be the best alternative - you still have the Proline 21 looking panels in your field of view - but the GTN is there when you need to program it... I plan to just call it up in a Pop-Up when needed... We'll see how it goes...

One thing I've wondered about - when we eliminate the FMC on Proline equipped aircraft - we lose the ability to program "V Speeds" on the primary display - correct -???

Regards,

Scott

Hi Folks,

Just looked at Greg's link - Oh dang - disregard everything I said - it's the old one that was updated - not the GTX - I don't have that one...

Sorry...

Regards,

Scott

offensive initials not allowed. why didn’t they put it in the back seat?

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.