Sign in to follow this  
Cargostorm

Update for C90B HD P3D4

For non-GTN users: is there any change in V2 of C90B in regard of turbo prop simulation or the flight model?

I already use the AREZONE sound set (http://secure.simmarket.com/arezone-beechcraft-kingair-c90b-soundset.phtml) and mip-mapped my VC textures so I am not sure whether I will have a benefit in updating...

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Anyone get the C90B to follow the GTN 750 flight plan?  I tried every combination of AP settings and GTN 750 settings but my aircraft just refuses to follow the flight plan ... working fine in other GTN 750 equipped aircraft, just not this one.

The only way I could get the C90B to follow the GTN 750 flight plan is if I actually loaded the same flight plan via P3D flight planning menu/dialogs.

Maybe I'm losing it, but anyone else have this issue?

Cheers, Rob.

Workes fine for me Rob, but I had to use Flight1’s app to set it up for NAV 1.

Jack Sawyer

9 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

but I had to use Flight1’s app to set it up for NAV 1

Aaah, that's probably the issue, I'll check F1 config for the 750.

Cheers, Rob.

4 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Aaah, that's probably the issue, I'll check F1 config for the 750.

Cheers, Rob.

I use it all the time despite the warning box.

This plane is pretty cool, if you like eye candy, study level it is not.  Most of the lightning knobs on the overhead are inop. Pity.  I wish Flight1 would male their excellent B200 for P3D, I’d buy it today.

But it’s still a nice plane.

Jack Sawyer

3 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Flight1 would male their excellent B200 for P3D, I’d buy it today

Flight1 B200 is getting updated to P3D v4.x, should be out soon! It works in the earlier versions of P3D. This update will now have airways included in the G1000, something it lacked before.

10 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

Flight1 B200 is getting updated to P3D v4.x, should be out soon! It works in the earlier versions of P3D. This update will now have airways included in the G1000, something it lacked before.

That's cool Martin if true, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Jack Sawyer

On 2/3/2018 at 6:40 PM, Bert Pieke said:

This may well be the better option..

http://www.simforums.com/forums/gtn-750-in-c90-gtx_topic54606.html

You have both the autopilot and the GTN right in your line of sight, rather than between the seats..

In the RW in the analogue 90 the autopilot was down between the seats. I never was crazy about its location but I learned to work with its location fine. Not convenient though.

Dave

On 2/3/2018 at 6:40 PM, Bert Pieke said:

This may well be the better option..

http://www.simforums.com/forums/gtn-750-in-c90-gtx_topic54606.html

You have both the autopilot and the GTN right in your line of sight, rather than between the seats..

In the RW in the analogue 90 the autopilot was down between the seats. I never was crazy about its location but I learned to work with its location fine. Not convenient though.

Dave

54 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

Dave

In the RW, you can reach down and operate by touch..

In the flightsim, you do not have that option.. not convenient, as you said..

Bert

Hi Bert,

What I do for the auto pilot here in P3d is pull up the 2D panel of it, make it smaller and move it to the lower left part of the screen. Works for me.

I have a real soft spot for the 90 as until my retirement in 2016 I flew it for the last 6 years of my career when I could get out of the office and needed to go somewhere. Actually the Carenado is an okay replication of it. 

As to GPS placement I flew the Saab340 for a few years in the 1990s that had the GPS in the same position as this Carenado 90. It wasn't convenient but in those days we only had approval for enroute (not approaches) so it was okay. You get used to it.

Dave

9 hours ago, dbw1 said:

What I do for the auto pilot here in P3d is pull up the 2D panel of it, make it smaller and move it to the lower left part of the screen. Works for me.

I do the same. I also use Bert's mods for heading and course adjustments:

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

1 hour ago, Cargostorm said:

I do the same. I also use Bert's mods for heading and course adjustments:

This goes back to 2012 and FSX...

If you want to do this in 2018 and P3Dv4, be aware that P3Dv4 does not look in the panel folder first, but rather in the Gauges folder (different from FSX).

So, either rename the gauge, so P3D has no choice in the matter, or put the new folder in the Gauges folder where P3D will find it.. :cool:

Bert

Quick question for any of you that might have done this with the none GTX version of the C90 that might save me some time. Have any of you used the bezel from the Avidyne EX500 to display the GTN 750? I don't care if it's a little warped or out of ratio, it would just make it easier to view the 750 when bringing up approach charts and when doing approaches. Where it is right now, between the seats, makes it completely useless. :/

Anyone ever do a panel.cfg like I mentioned above?

Cheers fellas.

Andrew Walker