Sign in to follow this  
Cpt David

First flight sim video production

Hello fellow pilots,

Today I've stepping toward a new milestone and produced my first flight sim video, and in order to get it out there, I've upgraded my YouTube channel.

So Just wanted to see what you guys think, what should I add/avoid and so on...

:)

Hello David since your starting out and requesting comments here goes mine (I've done this for a whole 5 months :biggrin:):

1. Most people will only watch a video for about 2 minutes.  You'll find this out after you "produced " several and get the analytical data from YouTube.

2.  As your starting out very few people will give likes, comments or subscriptions (I do).  Don't be discouraged and remind yourself that your doing this because you enjoy it.

3.  You have to promote your videos by notifying  different sites.  Don't just rely on AVSIM because very few comments and views are done here for we rookies!

4.  If you add music to flight videos it should be well in the background so don't turn up the volume.  Simmers who watch the video are not really interested in the music but the flight.

5.  Concentrate on just Takeoffs, Landings and Scenery because that is what most people are interested in.

Hope this helps but my advice might stink because this is my data for my channel :blush: :

Total Videos= 22

Total views=1,360

Average Watch Time= 2.40 minutes

Total Watch Time = 3,644 minutes

Likes = 16

Dislikes = 0

Comments= 12

Subscribers =12

14 minutes ago, Polymerman said:

Hello David since your starting out and requesting comments here goes mine (I've done this for a whole 5 months :biggrin:):

1. Most people will only watch a video for about 2 minutes.  You'll find this out after you "produced " several and get the analytical data from YouTube.

2.  As your starting out very few people will give likes, comments or subscriptions (I do).  Don't be discouraged and remind yourself that your doing this because you enjoy it.

3.  You have to promote your videos by notifying  different sites.  Don't just rely on AVSIM because very few comments and views are done here for we rookies!

4.  If you add music to flight videos it should be well in the background so don't turn up the volume.  Simmers who watch the video are not really interested in the music but the flight.

5.  Concentrate on just Takeoffs, Landings and Scenery because that is what most people are interested in.

Hope this helps but my advice might stink because this is my data for my channel :blush: :

Total Videos= 22

Total views=1,360

Average Watch Time= 2.40 minutes

Total Watch Time = 3,644 minutes

Likes = 16

Dislikes = 0

Comments= 12

Subscribers =12

Thanks a lot for your feedback Pilymerman :) I really producing these videos because I find it entertaining and because if a professional individual will stumble over my videos, he might leave a comment stating his opinion and tips, so that will better help me to improve along the way :) 

I've improved the graphics and performance of my simulator, so you won't notice the freezes and stutters that appeared in my video here, basically, the sim is smooth as a butter, even while recording. ;) 

• Upvote 1

I suggest including the name of the simulator platform and other more relevant keywords in the title of your video. This will result in more people finding your video when searching on YouTube. Think of phrases someone might search for such as flying over Innsbruck or landing at Innsbruck. 'Having Fun at Innsbruck' is too vague to be picked up by relevant search queries. Here is an example of a vidoe with a keyword rich title - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmgXxe5kPbM

Hope that helps.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, turnandbank said:

I suggest including the name of the simulator platform and other more relevant keywords in the title of your video. This will result in more people finding your video when searching on YouTube. Think of phrases someone might search for such as flying over Innsbruck or landing at Innsbruck. 'Having Fun at Innsbruck' is too vague to be picked up by relevant search queries. Here is an example of a vidoe with a keyword rich title - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmgXxe5kPbM

Hope that helps.

Thanks turnandbank, I'll try this as well :)