Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Thank You LatinVFR - KSAN2 Update

Hi Folks,

A nice treat - had a problem with double bridges in San Diego - reported the problem to Latin VFR since I use their KSAN v2 - wasn't their bridges as they didn't include any in their KSAN package - one was Default the other ORBX Vector - Ricardo decided to resolve it once and for all - nice new Coronado Bridge was sent out in the new update this week - traffic too...

My Issue:

e64lyd.jpg

The Fix:

25yvcco.jpg

Happy Camper...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

That's some great support, Scott. Glad it got sorted for you!

Jesse

• Upvote 1

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Great, where can I get that update?

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Been there many times and that is an excellent effort!  If I flew that area today with any frequency I'd add that update in a heartbeat! I am on the east coast now!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I get an error when trying to uncheck anything in the configurator after the update. Anyone else?

- Aaron

8 hours ago, slait said:

I get an error when trying to uncheck anything in the configurator after the update. Anyone else?

Hi Aaron - works for me - I did delete the old one first - don't know if that makes a difference...

9 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Great, where can I get that update?

Hi Ryan - Simmarket sent me an update notice - I would think wherever you purchased it from - although we know lead times vary...

Hi Folks,

Enjoy...

Regards,
Scott

Having been a "San Diegan" for the past 20 years I can say this version is my favorite in representing look and feel of the airport.  With one exception...

Scott (or anyone), are you seeing a drop of your wheels into the ground around a foot or two at the entrance of RWY 27 and about a third up the runway?  Have had that issue even with v2 of KSAN and no other add-ons installed.

Someone posted this a good ways back on the LatinVFR forums but never read a fix.  Was always meaning to post there but saw this thread so thought I would start here.

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hi Clutch,

Hmm - I thought they fixed that with V2 - I certainly remember it in V1 - let me take a look...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Clutch,

Looks good to me - - - you need V2 - the issue was substantial in V1...

2rxbfxz.jpg

6 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Aaron - works for me - I did delete the old one first - don't know if that makes a difference...

Yeah, the instructions say you don't need to remove the old first, but I should know better. I'll give that a shot, thanks.

- Aaron

I had several issues with v2 that I worked with for a long time with LatinVFR developers.  We were never able to solve the problem in totality.  I reverted back to the ORBX KSAN but that has now become an issue with many of us experiencing crashes upon decent and some on departure. ORBX is researching and trying to find a fix.  It all seems to be tied to AI and probably more MT6/Pro than other AI providers.  I am now considering trying LatinVFR v2 again.   Wondering if anyone is experiencing CTD with the update.  

Scott did you uninstall v2 before installing the updated v2.  Wasn't clear to me if that was necessary and LVFR doesn't seem to have much on the new release on their site.

Scott

2 minutes ago, tttocs said:

Scott did you uninstall v2 before installing the updated v2.  Wasn't clear to me if that was necessary and LVFR doesn't seem to have much on the new release on their site.

Scott

Hi Scott,

I did - and so far so good...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

I did - and so far so good...

Probably the best idea.  Thanks!

Scott