Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

FSL A320 update coming next few days

1 minute ago, Zimmerbz said:

Let's not get too excited.... "coming days" to me seems a lot like "soon" or "when it's ready" that we have heard time and time again.  I'm excited for the release but until I see something official, I'm not going to get my hopes up. 

Yearh, me neither... I don't have any hopes regarding 'the next coming days'. That's a loose definition - FSLabs timetable is quite liberal when it comes to projections, IMO. 

If I recall correctly, they also claimed, that the A319 would be a couple of months away - in October... And not to be a negative nally, but to be honest, I don't think, that their projections regarding a possible release of their Prepar3D v4 version of their Concorde for 2018 is in any way realistic... 

Oh, well - we're getting off-topic. My apologies to the OP!

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

In a reply, (why not an announcement? ) came this info

"the update that we are currently finalising for release in the coming days"

Source

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/14466-panel-states-are-not-saved/&do=findComment&comment=120644

This new build should be fantastic as its mainly about performance, FSL A320 with PMDG NG performance anyone! 

I personally found the FSL to be OK but the old NG was always smoother, well its always been "better" than even there 777 747v3. Cannot wait

I already get PMDG like performance in the BUS

• Upvote 2

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

14 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

Yes me to Pete, but many don't and the performance links are very interesting to see, so unless like you, you have your P3D running really well and set up for the FSL you can see from the graphs how the FSL performs to how the PMDG's. Hence why they have spent a huge amount of time on it. Glad you have it running smoothly it's a wonderful aircraft.:cool:

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

8 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

Same here. 

Its already a great plane. The one I fly the most.

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

This indeed is excellent news.
Another excellent conclusion that comes to my head (though I may only be dreaming) is: this may mean P3Dv4.2 being right behind the corner. :wink:

• Upvote 2

I was suspecting this update would come about the same time as v4.2... pleasantly surprised.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

This new build should be fantastic as its mainly about performance, FSL A320 with PMDG NG performance anyone! 

Are there any sources that support this quote ?   That'd be quite an achievement.

I love the FSL A320, but the performance is far from anything PMDG at its current state. 

This update can't come soon enough!!!

Enrique Vaamonde

Let's keep the discussion to the topic, please.  If you think something is on-point or inaccurate, then say so, but making accusations and/or characterizations of the motives of others does not add to the discussion and is, in fact, a violation of the AVSIM terms of service.  So please don't take shots at each other.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

49 minutes ago, evaamo said:

Are there any sources that support this quote ?   That'd be quite an achievement.

I love the FSL A320, but the performance is far from anything PMDG at its current state. 

This update can't come soon enough!!!

First, I don't make things up. This post was to inform and help.Not to mislead or make things up.

This link was on page 1. You must have mist it! Have a good read.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/14235-disappointed/

Twitch streamers have been flying with the beta's and it's been clear to see the improvements. Blackbox 711 the steamer had lots of stutters with the FSL but not with the NG,  now when he streams the FSL is very smooth and stutter free. It's very clear to see the difference from when it was release and the version we have. He is a beta tester.

From the source above Andrew one of the main developers. Had this to say.

Quote.

"our results, which are now inline with titles from other developers. 

Our testers have reported significant improvements in performance - it is now much more fluid" 

Hope that helps support my quote? As the thought or idea that I would knowingly just make things up I find deeply offencive. 

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, evaamo said:

It's pretty much like 747 from PMDG, but FPS are not stable. But now we should get NGX like performance, i'm realy waiting for this. Becouse in my opinion, it is the best addon aircraft ever made

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

In a reply, (why not an announcement? ) came this info

"the update that we are currently finalising for release in the coming days"

Source

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/14466-panel-states-are-not-saved/&do=findComment&comment=120644

I personally found the FSL to be OK but the old NG was always smoother, well its always been "better" than even there 777 747v3. Cannot wait

Great news David thanks for sharing appreciated

• Upvote 1

André

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

First, I don't make things up. This post was to inform and help.Not to mislead or make things up.

Hope that helps support my quote? As the thought or idea that I would knowingly just make things up I find deeply offencive. 

Hey Nyxx, calm down buddy. I wasn't accusing you of anything.

I check the FSL forum regularly but I don't watch Twitch or Streams often. As a matter of fact, I don't even know a single Beta tester of the A320X, so that's why I asked if there were other sources that support your NG-like performance claim in the new patch, that's all.

I apologize if you felt offended, it wasn't my intention at all.

Cheers

-E

Enrique Vaamonde

7 hours ago, w6kd said:

Let's keep the discussion to the topic, please.  If you think something is on-point or inaccurate, then say so, but making accusations and/or characterizations of the motives of others does not add to the discussion and is, in fact, a violation of the AVSIM terms of service.  So please don't take shots at each other.

Regards

If this was directed at me, I fail to see how I accused anyone of anything. I was just asking if there were other sources (official, beta testers, etc.) that mentioned the new patch would bring NG-like performance, because I hadn't read such claims anywhere else (due to my lack of knowledge of such public sources and the time to look them up), just that. 

If the thing that triggered this misunderstanding is the phrase " That'd be quite an achievement." it wasn't toward Nyxx but in the context of the performance, as in having NG performance in the A320X would be an achievement.

Cheers

-E

• Upvote 1

Enrique Vaamonde

It wasn't.  The subject post that inspired the warning was hidden from view.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case