Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Is P3D V4 lacking a regional jet

2 hours ago, FlightSimmer68 said:

How about feelthere e-jets? (I don't think they're up to PMDG/Majestic standard though).

I flew their ERJ135/145 in the FS9 and early FSX days...they were pretty good when 2D cockpits were in vogue, but didn't make the trip to VCs when I did, so no idea how their newer tech fares.  They had some talent...but I have no recent experience to go on.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

So technically the PMDG and IFly 737 is a regional jet, with the 757 also being used as a Regional by some airlines including Delta (one route is between Atlanta and Pensacola due to the number of passengers).

We have a major update coming out for the CRJ is the near future (I'm due to test it next week). I flew the Beta for over a year without the LNAV problems cited by some people after release, but when I installed the customer version it became a mess - none of us have figured that out.  Anyway, update is coming out soon, and if it resolve the issues then it will TRULY be a gem.

I have extensive experience in the TFDi B717 and I wouldn't call it a gem (nope, nope NOPE), but it's a decent aircrash (pun intended).  It's certainly stable and does what you need it to do.

Feelthere's ERJ-175/195 are now P3DV4 compatible. I know people who like them though I can't say I'm a fan.  I'm told the WXR doens't work in V4 though I'm sure this will be fixes eventually.

I referenced the B757 up top, and Captain Slim has brought out their 757 for V4.  I only know one respected flight simmer who has it and he's liked it so far.

Turbo Prop wise... it's the Majestic Dash 8 Professional or nothing for me.  Period.  As a senior beta tester with about 6000+ hours in this aircraft, I never, not ever get bored flying her, and the Dash is your best partner for a 350nm or less flight.  Undeniably one of the two best aircraft ever developed for desktop flight sim.

I saved the best for last.

Leonardo's LONG awaited Maddog X MD-80 is firmly on the horizon (I'm also beta testing this incredible aircraft).  The other one of the two best aircraft ever developed for desktop flight sim, it's a true pilots aircraft that lacks for nothing.

Best wishes!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

3 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I have extensive experience in the TFDi B717 and I wouldn't call it a gem (nope, nope NOPE), but it's a decent aircrash (pun intended).  It's certainly stable and does what you need it to do.

Which uses more resources/FPS, the CRJ or the 717?

Thanks!

N99WB

Just now, n99wb said:

Which uses more resources/FPS, the CRJ or the 717?

Thanks!

N99WB

I've never looked at memory usage (since this is P3DV4 we're talking about), and everything else is system dependent so it's almost an impossible question to answer.

On my system (i7-4770K at 4.5GHz, GTX1080) I get about the same performance with both aircraft (same was true in P3DV4.0 with a GTX960).  If I had to call it one way or the other, I'd say the CRJ is slightly better given that it has the same performance for me but has a TON more clickspots and controls over the B717.  Comparing the two, the B717 requires only a few clicks per flight where with the CRJ you've got a lot more you can do (have to do).  One is an easy peasy aircraft to operate the other is a pilots aircraft, and I enjoy them both depending on what type of flight I'm looking for.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

18 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

So technically the PMDG and IFly 737 is a regional jet, with the 757 also being used as a Regional by some airlines including Delta (one route is between Atlanta and Pensacola due to the number of passengers).

I have the 717 and it's my go to aircraft now with the trueglass effects.the fmc is good and it captures the ILS with high fidelity

Edited by n4gix
Removed excessive quote. Please don't quote a "wall of text" for a one sentence reply!

The CRJ is junk and I wouldn't touch it for a while. At least until its had a few more patches. The 717 is great and a real pleasure to fly. The Q400 is another great product.

• Upvote 2

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

On my system (i7-4770K at 4.5GHz, GTX1080) I get about the same performance with both aircraft ....

Comparing the two, the B717 requires only a few clicks per flight where with the CRJ you've got a lot more you can do (have to do).  One is an easy peasy aircraft to operate the other is a pilots aircraft

I second Dave's first statement; both CRJ and B717 use about the same resources on my system as well. As for the second statement, I think both planes are quite close regarding workload. If you go through the amplified checklists, you'll have to do about the same amount of work in both planes.

However, I definitely agree with Dave about the "pilots aircraft" part. The lack of auto-throttle (like in the real plane) means you always have to keep an eye on the CRJ. Once you are cruising, the 717 doesn't need much input, but the CRJ punishes any mistakes relentlessly. All the more fun when you got her safely back on the ground :)

Peter

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Feelthere's ERJ-175/195 are now P3DV4 compatible. I know people who like them though I can't say I'm a fan.  I'm told the WXR doens't work in V4 though I'm sure this will be fixes eventually.

I'm a big fan of the E-Jets and Feelthere's was certainly passable, however the port over to P3D4 lacks WXR as you've stated and Feelthere has said they will not provide a fix in the future.  For me it's a no buy, but just my opinion.

• Upvote 2

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

The e-jets addon was very good in it’s time, but it has certainly aged compared to today’s offerings.  Kudos to feelthere though for,upgrading it to v4  for those who want to fly it.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

16 minutes ago, regis9 said:

The e-jets addon was very good in it’s time, but it has certainly aged compared to today’s offerings.  Kudos to feelthere though for,upgrading it to v4  for those who want to fly it.

I agree and certainly a fun plane to fly.  I'm afraid Feelthere has shifted all their focus to TOWER3D and left the airplane development to other companies.  

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

18 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Amen to the Q400 by Majestic. Have it for p3d v4 and it is awesome 

Edited by n4gix
Removed excessive quote. Please don't quote a "wall of text" for a one sentence reply!
  • Upvote 2

:P Timothy Murphy

The Feelthere ERJ's are actually not bad. I like the cockpit voice checklist. Flies well. All for $20.00. I wouldn't bother with Aerosoft's CRJ's right now. I've grounded them for various reasons.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

I’ll second the 737 option. In Europe 737s and a320s are used all over the place for very short trips. I’ve often flown from Manchester to Dublin or Heathrow on an a320 on aer lingus or the BA shuttle. Flying these is great fun as they give you plenty to do on short flights and you have multiple great options for those aircraft types. An a319 even gets you in and out of somewhere like London City airport.

I cannot overemphasise how good the experience and quality is when using the high end options. Seeing as you have the q400 and have experienced pmdg I would seriously consider the 737.

If you want the a320 option then think about this, as good as the fsl a320 is, I’d wait until the aero soft pro a320 is out for p3d v4. I’d not saying that will be better than fsl but it might be very very good for much less money - pretty sure it will give fsl a run for their money.

Chris