Sign in to follow this  
Eamonn Watson

Duenna V2.0.2018 R162

Good Day all,

For the race and the newest version of the Duenna, please be sure you are running it as administrator. Several have noticed an error where it cannot read the airports.bin file which is where the directory of airports is stored. If this error does come up, the duenna still works and still tracks but it will output no airport information on where you started or ended.

Should be a simple fix to just run it as administrator and it should output properly.

Thank you,
Eamonn Watson

spacer.png

Good Thinking Leon.

All, it has been raised over at SOH that some people even when running flightsim as admin are still getting the error.  Please just test your duenna's before race time to be sure there isn't a problem.  

Cheers.

spacer.png

I realize others' mileage may vary, but my Duenna worked correctly on my second practice flight after setting to run as administrator.  I'm running Win10/64 Professional with Norton Security.

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

Hi,

with P3D V4.2 just being released: Is it ok to update (with respect to Duenna working ok) or is it better to wait until after the race?

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

I dont have Prepar3d at all, as for the Duenna I can't be sure until someone tells me if it works or not.  From experience the incremental Prepar3D updates don't break the Duenna, the large version changes (3 - 4 for example) break it, however with being 4 days till the race, updating the P3D V4.2 may not be a good idea..

spacer.png

Understood, thank you Eamonn, I can wait for 4 days without any problem.:biggrin:

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right forum, but I have a question:

I performed this flight yesterday:

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFlight.php?detail=flight&value=wUrT2D3xrvFktbT7yM7WWRPew1Q

The flight was rated "not valid" and showed two errors. I can't find the reason for not validating the flight and also don't know what the errors are.

Maybe Eamonn, could you please take a look at that?

Thanks!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

According to that flight it looks like your sim rate changed to 1/256 for about 1 second before being resolved.  Sim rate is mapped to the R key I believe in flight simulator, did you perhaps hit it by accident during your flight?  While you were flying did the duenna stay green the entire time or did it change to red at some point during your flight, there is a sim rate marker on it and if that turned red during your flight, then thats the reason.

spacer.png

Hi Eamonn,

the R key has no function on my keyboard and I did not notice the duenna turning red during the flight but I did not look at it continuously during the flight. I will check the settings to find out if another key or joystick command changes the rate on the sim.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Probably a good reminder that we all check to see that the "Simulation Rate" is not accidentally mapped to our keyboards or controllers. Same for "Slew". We all know that sometimes the simulator's commands get "renewed" and mapped to the keyboards or controllers without our intervention.

That said, a good close look from the Racing Committee would judge this to be an unexplained "glitch" and not a pilot-induced cause for the leg's invalidation. I think...

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1