Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

LES Saab 340 1.5 For XP 11

Has it been released yet?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Guest Mik75

I thought it would have been finally released when I saw the topic title! Can’t wait to fly her again? ;-) The MJC Q400 and the LES Saab 340 are THE best turbo prop addons for desktop sims! 

YEs seems they are doing an auto update installer, holding yo a lot of there sales, being over a month. But should be worth it in teh end

Guest Mik75

X-Aviation uses a special installer which downloads necessary files during the installation process, and lets you decide which variants and and liveries to download and install.

It's a shame they haven't fixed the glareshield yet :(

Hope they've fixed it for v2 though.

25 minutes ago, Scarp said:

It's a shame they haven't fixed the glareshield yet :(

Hope they've fixed it for v2 though.

Care to elaborate?

The shape of it, it is stretched in a horizontal manner towards the windscreen and thus blocking parts of the view foreward. In the real aircraft you have no problem seeing the whole windscreen from top to bottom giving you a nice view of the world outside if you peer over the glareshield.

Have a look at this picture:

As you can see, the top of the glareshield is angeled downward toward the bottom of the front windows and not as in your model, extruded horizontally. I mean, the rest of the aircraft is wonderfully modelled, and then having this glaring mistake in my face constantly (lol, glaring, get it?) as well as obstructing the view just rubbs me the wrong way, I'm critizising in context with the otherwise brilliance of the model. It's like å big giant red zit painted on Mona Lisa's face :D

Edited by Jim Young
Link to Airliners.net removed. Violates our screenshots policy.

1 hour ago, Scarp said:

The shape of it, it is stretched in a horizontal manner towards the windscreen and thus blocking parts of the view foreward. In the real aircraft you have no problem seeing the whole windscreen from top to bottom giving you a nice view of the world outside if you peer over the glareshield.

Have a look at this picture:

As you can see, the top of the glareshield is angeled downward toward the bottom of the front windows and not as in your model, extruded horizontally. I mean, the rest of the aircraft is wonderfully modelled, and then having this glaring mistake in my face constantly (lol, glaring, get it?) as well as obstructing the view just rubbs me the wrong way, I'm critizising in context with the otherwise brilliance of the model. It's like å big giant red zit painted on Mona Lisa's face :D

Side View
I'm guessing it's the viewpoint that has been set in the flight model that is causing your issue.  This was done deliberately, to get a better view of many of the instruments.  If the viewpoint is too low, adjust it using the arrow keys and set a preset using the numpad.  That way you can just hit the number for that view, and it'll position you to your preferred height.  Otherwise you could set it in the acf, but that isn't recommended.  
Screenshot_228.jpg

There you go, as you can see it's horizontal on top the first two rows of nodes, while it should be angled downward from the the get go, there shouldn't be a horizontal part at all. In the middle part of the real glareshield, there's a small triangel shaped section that has a less steep angle towards the centerpost (but still not flat horizontal), as you can see in the picture I linked to (that was removed), but it doesn't obstruct the pilots view. From a pilots point of view you should be able to see the whole windscreen inkluding the rubber gasket around the window. If you still don't know what I'm talking about, get in the sim and load up the plane, raise your viewpoint as far up as you can go and see if you at any point have full view of the windscreen.

Scarp,

We will definitely be reviewing all shapes and dimension of the aircraft for v2.0.  At this point v1.5 is "locked down" and we cannot make any changes to that.  If you have any further reference material (pictures, diagrams, etc.) please forward them to us via PM.