Sign in to follow this  
kneighbour

Flight plans incorrect

P2A V2.4.0.5 with XP 11.

I have noticed that when I File a flight plan for a few locations that the arrival gets stuffed up - at least visually. Here I am trying to file a flight plan from YBBN to YSSY. As far as I can see the arrival is unflyable.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1pf20q8vo4j3nn/Clip1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tdd4n5eovd9jrh9/Clip2.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nsp3v4js8pzo85/Clip3.jpg?dl=0

I get a similar problem when I plan from YBBN to YBCG - depending on the runways selected. If the plan calls for an approach from the south to YBCG it does not work.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

In the situation you gave, you would get vectors to the GLS for RN 34L.  There are not any transitions to the final approach.

You could also remove the STAR and have a more reasonable direct approach, although you would also get vectors in that case.

Ok, sounds reasonable. I guess my problem is that it is drawn in a very confusing way. Perhaps you should not draw the flight path after the point where you are getting vectors?

Can I remove the STAR? This is a P2A generated flight plan. 

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

The vectors cannot be drawn until you start getting them or otherwise ATC would be calling you off course for a good portion of the flight.  When you start getting vectors, press the Appr button to the right of the map and the vectored path will show up.

You can remove the STAR.  Just be sure to uncheck the ATC Assigns STAR option so that it is not added back in when you File.  Or uncheck this option before you press Auto-Plan and you will not get a STAR.

No worries. I was not suggesting that you draw the vectors. Don't draw anything at all. Have a 'Discontinuity' if you will. The issue is that what is drawn can be very confusing - a total jumble, and of course it is not correct. Simply stop drawing at the 'here be vectors' mark.

It is probably more realistic to uncheck the 'ATC assigns STAR', but I like the way it is doing it now (for most airports).

Anyway, just a suggestion. Now that I know what is going on I can work around it.