Sign in to follow this  
Hilkiah

vanishing / disappearing lights

Hi all,

I have a problem where by the flood lights in the FSL A320X vanish depending on the angle I'm viewing (see video below).  Also the same thing happens with the taxi lights on PMDG's 777.  Does anyone have an idea of how to solve or further diagnose?

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

I am having exactly the same problem, always when looking at the same direction external and internal. If aircraft turns it comes back if i turn my view to the original direction they disappear again.

Don't know if its Chaseplane or P3D but its not down to scenery as it happens mid-flight.

Reduce the amount of AI traffic you are using, the lights disappear because you are hitting a limitation of PD3 with concurrent Dynamic lighting points.

Seems to be happening more since 4.2.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Like 1

Ok but surely they would disappear all the time not just where you look. Also it does it mid-flight with only my aircraft in view.

For example if i'm at gate 20 at Gatwick, looking forward in the 320 with dymanic interior lights on I see no lights, if I look down towards the floor the come on.

Externally if I orbit the aircraft I see all the lights until looking from behind (same direction as in cockpit) they disappear.

29 minutes ago, simbol said:

Reduce the amount of AI traffic you are using, the lights disappear because you are hitting a limitation of PD3 with concurrent Dynamic lighting points.

Seems to be happening more since 4.2.

Regards 

Simbol 

I use UTL myself and see this problem at various Addons airports (LFPG is notorious for this).  Do you use addon traffic yourself?  If so what level do you have yours set to?

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

1 minute ago, Hilkiah said:

I use UTL myself and see this problem at various Addons airports (LFPG is notorious for this).  Do you use addon traffic yourself?  If so what level do you have yours set to?

I am now using UTL, I was using MT6 before that. I will take a look at reducing but its not very logical that it does it dependent on where you look, I would say its about 10 degrees looking forward at gate 20 at EGKK for example

I use also UTL, mine is set to default during my normal flying operations and to maximum amount of AI when I am testing the add-on's I am developing.

Simbol 

• Like 1

Simbol you are correct, If I toggle aircraft off the lights come back.

I suppose its a matter of going through setting to find the happy setting

• Upvote 1

This just happened to me last night while flying the CRJ. I thought it was a bug in the CRJ. Thanks for shinning the light. :biggrin:

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Can also confirm the problem is related to traffic in UTC.  I will have to find the sweet spot.   

Thanks again.

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech