Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Captainsim 757 Hotfix 2 released

Have to give them credit, they're cranking out the hotfixes in response to customer feedback.  Fix list below.

– ZFW and CG management via FMC is added.
– Fuel management via FMC is added.
– Payload management via FMC is added.
– Pushback control via FMC is added.
– Jetway control via FMC is added.
– A separate tiller axis is added.
– 40+ cockpit controls sounds are added.
– Window wipers sound is added.
– CDU pop-ups are added.
– The A/P disconnect sound is added.
– PAX cabin on/off selection is added.

– Fuel Flow is corrected.
– VNAV speed/alt restrictions are fixed.
– VNAV is improved.
– Cost Index calculation is improved.
– CI/Mach Number calculation is improved.
– Cockpit sounds are improved.
– The F/D bars readability is improved.
– Seat belt chime volume is increased.
– The Captain’s seat view is re-mapped to F9 hotkey.
– The Manual is updated.

• Upvote 8

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Would love to hear feedback once someone has some time to test the new hotfix.  I've been holding out until some of the major issues have been fixed.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I’m half way between KMSP and KSLC on my first flight and all seems good so far.  The engines were off when I started up which I’ve never had happen before with this aircraft.

Loading the fuel and payload from the FMC worked well.  My only gripe is that it appears you have to enter the payload figure in the FMC rather than being able to enter the ZFW like most addons.  Not a deal breaker by any stretch but just something I’ll need to remember to write down in my flight planning.

• Upvote 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

11 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I’m half way between KMSP and KSLC on my first flight and all seems good so far.  The engines were off when I started up which I’ve never had happen before with this aircraft.

Loading the fuel and payload from the FMC worked well.  My only gripe is that it appears you have to enter the payload figure in the FMC rather than being able to enter the ZFW like most addons.  Not a deal breaker by any stretch but just something I’ll need to remember to write down in my flight planning.

Thanks for the feedback Dave.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

This is great to see!  Perhaps they really have turned a new leaf. They seem to be quite serious about fixing things properly and making it a great addon. 2 hotfixes now, and an upcoming service pack. 

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Have they improved the engine start up yet?

A bit unrealistic that it takes just a few seconds

Thank you for the info Dave.

Very good to hear.

Captain Sim doing good work wow!

I love the 757. It’s starting to look good. I might have to get it!

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Impressive list! 

Hats off to them. Maybe my presumption was premature regarding them...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

53 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Impressive list! 

Hats off to them. Maybe my presumption was premature regarding them...

Easy to do with their history Anders :cool:

Hope people with it will come and give their feedback on it now.Would be great to hear from them.

I would like a good 757.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Well for all they've fixed I'm still having issues.

I can't enter flaps 1 in the takeoff page of the FMC. CG is still broken. Sometimes I can't enter a D-TO temp.

Also adding a SID/STAR to a flightplan messes things up.

I'm sure they'll get it right (or nearly so) eventually.

Best to put problems on their forum.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, FlightSimmer68 said:

Well for all they've fixed I'm still having issues.

I can't enter flaps 1 in the takeoff page of the FMC. CG is still broken. Sometimes I can't enter a D-TO temp.

Also adding a SID/STAR to a flightplan messes things up.

I'm sure they'll get it right (or nearly so) eventually.

Best to put problems on their forum.

Doing a flight now.  Had no problem entering flaps on takeoff page. Used flaps 15. Dont think 757 uses Flaps 1 for TO at all so its just not possible to enter.  CG came up with a right click fill in, as did the ZFW which was great to see.    Didnt try a derated TO as I was fully loaded.  Put in the STAR  approaching arrival and all seemed to be entered correctly.  So far so good. This is a pretty good hotfix so far.  Now to see if it does a CTD on longer haul flights.  

BTW engine startup is improved, but still seems a little quick. 

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

28 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Doing a flight now.  Had no problem entering flaps on takeoff page. Used flaps 15. Dont think 757 uses Flaps 1 for TO at all so its just not possible to enter.  CG came up with a right click fill in, as did the ZFW which was great to see.    Didnt try a derated TO as I was fully loaded.  Put in the STAR  approaching arrival and all seemed to be entered correctly.  So far so good. This is a pretty good hotfix so far.  Now to see if it does a CTD on longer haul flights.  

BTW engine startup is improved, but still seems a little quick. 

For flaps 1 I'm going off PFPX/TOPCAT. Flaps 1 works fine in the Flight Factor 757. Maybe you're right and in the real world the 757 doesn't use flaps 1.

My STAR problem is that the STAR gets appended to the flightplan, so I'd get, eg (much simplified)

EGCC-(route)-EGPF-(STAR) instead of

EGCC-(route)-(STAR)-EGPF.

Bugs aside (and I'm a bit nervous about doing a trans-atlantic with it), it's a nice aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Matt & Dave it's always good to hear feedback good or bad.

I don't know what Flaps the 757 users but PFPX if you use the optimum options for take off I find with the NG it likes to give Flaps 1, Ryanair is most times Flaps 5. So unless its a sort runway I always find it better to Enter the flaps manually to bypass its tendency to like flaps 1. No idea if that was your case Matt?

The STAR problem is off putting

Right clicking the FMC is a little odd put if it works, that's OK, but I would of never thought of right clicking.

With The MD 80 coming out and hopefully FSL 319 Not sure I want to spent £50 on it but I would really like a 757. But just got a puncher in one of my tires and got to find £255 for one tire...it's depressing and that was the best price I would get, Audi wanted £365 ^^. For 1 , it's taking the P***.