Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Captainsim 757 Hotfix 2 released

9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I don't know what Flaps the 757 users but PFPX if you use the optimum options for take off I find with the NG it likes to give Flaps 1, Ryanair is most times Flaps 5. So unless its a sort runway I always find it better to Enter the flaps manually to bypass its tendency to like flaps 1. No idea if that was your case Matt?

I was going to say the same thing, I love topcat but sometimes it gives weird flap settings in the ngx and 757 so i set my own (usually 5 in the ngx and 5/15 in the 757).

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Flaps 1 takeoff would be extremely rare.  The standard is 5 and 30 for landing in most ops

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Thanks Matt & Dave it's always good to hear feedback good or bad.

I don't know what Flaps the 757 users but PFPX if you use the optimum options for take off I find with the NG it likes to give Flaps 1, Ryanair is most times Flaps 5. So unless its a sort runway I always find it better to Enter the flaps manually to bypass its tendency to like flaps 1. No idea if that was your case Matt?

The STAR problem is off putting

Right clicking the FMC is a little odd put if it works, that's OK, but I would of never thought of right clicking.

With The MD 80 coming out and hopefully FSL 319 Not sure I want to spent £50 on it but I would really like a 757. But just got a puncher in one of my tires and got to find £255 for one tire...it's depressing and that was the best price I would get, Audi wanted £365 ^^. For 1 , it's taking the P***.

I think PFPX (well TOPCAT really) assigns flaps according to airframe, runway length. For example, at EIDW I get flaps 1 for 736 & 737, but 5 for 738.

The way around the STAR problem is to LSK the 1st STAR waypoint and move it up in the flightplan, overwriting whatever needs to be over-written (as you would do with a discontinuity). Maybe that's how its supposed to behave, but the PMDG 737 doen't behave like that and the FlightFactor 757 doesn't behave like that.

Tire prices sound OUCH! Be glad you don't need a new GPU (like I do). Bleeping crypto-currency miners and all that...

Edited by FlightSimmer68
more info

11 hours ago, DylanC said:

Would love to hear feedback once someone has some time to test the new hotfix.  I've been holding out until some of the major issues have been fixed.

This.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

47 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

This.

Ditto the ditto. 

• Upvote 1

Eric 

1 hour ago, diajohn said:

Flaps 1 takeoff would be extremely rare.  The standard is 5 and 30 for landing in most ops

Thanks. I'll make a note of that.

7 hours ago, BlueFinn said:

Have they improved the engine start up yet?

A bit unrealistic that it takes just a few seconds

Was done with their first fix.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Matt Davies is doing a flight now with the CS 757. From C&D to just passing 10,000ft, all good Matt just said he was "impressed" .

It also looks very nice indeed. Me things.:biggrin:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Good to see Captain sim standing behind their products finally. Hoping they get remaining bugs squashed then I’m in 

• Upvote 1

Orman

Yeah it's good to see them react to the negativity. We need developers.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I have owned Captain Sim aircraft models since April 2008.

Between their ticket system and the forum I have had nothing but

excellent product support.

Tom opened the Captain Sim forum based on requests from our membership for a forum as the forums at Captain Sim were not responsive to issues.  Now they are very responsive and appear to be helping out where they can.  Think it is time to close the Captain Sim Forum here and allow posts in the FSX/P3D Forums.

• Upvote 5

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I am eyeing this bird but would like to ask you that own it: how is the performance FPS wise? I have, and enjoy their 732 but get way worse performance than the PMDG birds. How is this 757 in comparison?

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

It is okay, not great but not awful.  It runs about 20% less fps.  Where I can get 50 with PMDG 737 or Ifly 737, the CS757 with just under 40fps.  It feels smooth enough.