Sign in to follow this  
sarsteve

MU-2 Ground Power Unit

I've got my FSX set up to start cold and dark so I can run through the checklist....  Everything looks good until I turn on the "Pilot Flt INST" switch.... that's when a ground power unit shows up connected to my aircraft.  If I turn it off the Pilot FLT INST switch, the power unit goes away.  

I can have battery on, engines running, DC generators on, Inverter main... everything I can think of that should completely power all systems... and then if I turn the Pilot FLT INST switch on, the ground power unit appears.... even inflight.  Using F10 and clicking on the GPU box does nothing.   

I could understand the need for a ground power unit if I left the battery switch on for an extended period and killed the battery but I can land after several hours of flying, turn the Pilot FLT INST switch on and the ground power unit appears.....   what I am doing wrong here?   Looks pretty hoakey when your dragging a power unit behind the airplane...

5 hours ago, sarsteve said:

I've got my FSX set up to start cold and dark so I can run through the checklist....  Everything looks good until I turn on the "Pilot Flt INST" switch.... that's when a ground power unit shows up connected to my aircraft.  If I turn it off the Pilot FLT INST switch, the power unit goes away.  

I haven't seen anything like that reported here before, which makes me wonder if you might have an install issue. You could try downloading the MU-2 again, and also make sure your anti-virus software is turned off during the download and install.

Al

Thanks Arc...

I tried a fresh install and since this is a dedicated machine that is not connected to the internet... I don't have any anti-virus software running.  It's gotta be a switchology thing because it dosn't always happen.

Steve