Sign in to follow this  
Juergen

FMS Message "Loading Data Base"

Hi,

I just purchased the Carenado King Air B350i and immediately I run into the "Loading Data Base" info/error/message on the FMS display unit.

I searched the internet and found that some people reinstalled the aircraft but installed it as FSX instead of FSX-SE (if running FSX-SE). So I did that, but the problem still shows up. If I press "shift + 9, the progress window remains at 0%.

There is a post in this forum from August 2016 or 2017 with P3D, but no resolve.

Has anyone solved this problem for FSX-SE?

Thanks for help

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Hi,

I immediately received a reply from Carenado support which suggested the following:

"If loading database is present and do not load, please go to folder C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX (please note that the AppData folder is a hidden folder, so you'll need to change the visibility to see it) inside this folder there should be a file called dll.xml, if you open this file using a text editor (like notepad) you'll se the code, please check if the lines:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Carenavigraph</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

If those lines are not present please copy form here and paste in the file just before </SimBase.Document> line. (if you don't know or sure on how to do this you may also send us the file and I'll repair it and send back to you.)."

This worked for me and I am very happy with their assistance

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Excellent answer, I had the same problem and I solved it satisfactorily, if you have two folders (FSX & FSX-SE), you must make the same change in both folders.

Thanks a lot