Sign in to follow this  
stampee

directories missing, out of memory,mouse clicks quit

Hi all: I have had odd issues the past month with my win7 4700k 1060 gt video card.

16 gig system memory, 6 gig video ram.

1) starting prepar3d v4.1 3 weeks ago, I suddenly got out of system memory messages. I never had them before, I deleted the p3d.cfg file and it starts fine. then I add in higher settings, and the next restart I get oom.  This issue suddenly went away on its own. now for the past week, I can start p3d as usual and no oom issues.

2) constant joystick disconnects from the usb port. it dings disconnect, then reconnects on its own. this problem continues and I have tried various ports, both usb2.0 and usb3.0

3) last week my file manager quit accepting mouse clicks. left button it said I do not have authority to select a file. a right button no longer pulled up the context menu. Windows explorer worked fine for both mouse buttons.Mouse worked fine in all other programs, and I could install a file using chrome web browser also from its download screen. I had to uninstall the file manager and reinstall it to fix this issue. I have full admin authority and windows user authority is turned off.

4) this morning, my c:users\stampee\appdata\roaming  directory was missing. its just gone! I have hidden files turned on.

restarting p3d it created a new p3d.cfg file and made a new roaming directory.

why did the directory come up missing? it is not in the recycle big either.

I ran chkdsk on the c: drive and it found no errors. it is an SSD samsung drive about 2 years old now.

Comodo anti virus runs and finds nothing wrong.

Do I have some weird virus?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-stampee

okay I found the missing directory. it got moved up one level somehow. I must have dragged it up by mistake. I cant imagine any other way it could get there. Still dont know why joystick disconnects and why I was getting those OOM issues that just went away on their own.

-stampee