Sign in to follow this  
TNguitar

Which Carenado have engine failures?

As I get more experienced I am finding I desire engine failures modelled in the pkanes.  I can do this myself in Piston aircraft either with realengine program or by just using the detonation onset line in the cfg. 

But y hese don't work in turboprop planes.  I know a few Carenado do torque failure, the twin Caravan, the Cheyenne II, but im wonderibg what other Carenado have over torque failure built in?

Does the newer Caravan ex with the G1000?.  What about yhe 350i, or the 1900D? 

Im sure the older C90 and the B200 dont, nor the older Caravan nor the cargomaster.  

I'm sure the new Cheyenne III does, yhe 406 twon Caravan, and the Cheyenne Ii, that's the only 3 I am definitely sure of.  Can other fill me in on more if there are any?

The XP11 C90 over tourqed on me last week when I wasnt paying attention on climb out from KSBA. I was on pilotedge and got up to about 5000 ft when I had the engines running too high and then the eerie silence. And wrestling for restart while talking to ATC after resetting failures in XP settings. Happened before but I didnt realize it. Thought it was fuel issue. I believe the king air does it also. Only experince with XP. Hsvent seen it in fsx se.

:P Timothy Murphy

Assuming other limits (turbine rpm & temp) are not drastically exceeded over-torquing in today's world will not necessarily cause an engine failure. Torque limits are usually air frame limits.Generally there are "transient" limits specified for unintentional use.The amount will vary depending on engine and aircraft. Should approved "transients" be exceeded an inspection will probably be required.