Sign in to follow this  
Gustavos

PC Aviator Poor DSL Speeds

Hi all i can see there is a thread that was recently closed in regards to the pcaviator US Servers being very slow however i have been waiting over 3 weeks to download my Barcelona X Evolution a 5+GB file which an average speed of 30kbps!!, I had already contacted PCaviator about this and they did confirm as what was stated in the previous thread that they are moving to another server, could pcaviator liberate on this please ? ive emailed them twice in the week and had no reply my previous email was of 2.5 weeks ago with still no resolution to getting my Download faster, i even emailed Aerosoft to try see if i can get a link from them, Even showed proof but due to it being a third party vendor my support ticket was closed, Would be nice for pcaviator just state where they are at in regards to transferring over, i know this is a lengthy process but ive been trying to download for almost a month with no results leaving the download overnight and it fails midway through 1.2gb which is very frustrating.

You're not alone.  I'm having the exact same issue.  Downloads are very slow and fail before they are finished.

In that other topic which was closed (for no reason btw), someone from PCAviator mentioned that they would be moving to newer servers to improve speeds. That should have happened two weeks ago, but download speeds are still horrible. I'm also trying to download Anchorage Professional v1.1 but the download always terminates with an error. Fortunately, I was able to download v1.0 two weeks ago after trying multiple times over night. However, this was definitely my last purchase with them. Speeds were never good but now it's really a nightmare, leaving customers unable to download the add-ons they paid for. Completely unacceptable.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Today, I received a newsletter email from Dean at the Australian store of PCA saying:

Store Migration Update

Creating a Better Shopping Experience for You!

As per previous newsletters, we are in the process of migrating the PC Aviator store from our old, slower host and download server to a new, faster host to improve on your shopping and downloading experience. Work is continuing behind the scenes and we are not far off completing the entire process. As you could imagine, transferring many terrabytes of data from one host to another takes a bit of time, and then configuring the stores so that the whole process appears seamless to the end user is another time consuming and tricky task, but internal testing so far has not identified any major issues to date, so we are on track for a successful migration.

What does this mean for you?

For the most part, you may not even notice that we are using a new host/server, except for the following key benefits:

Faster browsing on our store

Much faster downloading of digital products!

We thank you for your patience and understanding while this necessary migration is being undertaken. If you have a pending download with backup disk order in the system, there is a slight delay on those at present. Once all data files are ported to the new server, we will again be able to create and mail your backup disks to you (particularly orders for newly released downloadable products).

Gary

31 minutes ago, Gartro said:

Today, I received a newsletter email from Dean at the Australian store of PCA saying:

Gary

Thanks for the info, but the thing is that most of us here are talking about PCAviator US. And they are a completely seperate store.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Carlo

As you will recall from the locked January thread which both of us posted in, my understanding is that the US and Australian stores of PCA both use the same server. If I am preaching heresy here, Dean from the Australian store will soon correct me.

The two stores are related. My recollection is that Robert Ferraro set up PCA in a suburb of my hometown in Melbourne Australia before he moved to the US and set up the store there and before the Australian store shifted base to Queensland. By way of a bit of historical trivia, I still have a box containing one of his early products published via that Melbourne store, the 1997 MegaScenery Melbourne Victoria/Australia.

Gary

It's unconscionable on PCA's part to not announce the slowness of their downloads on their home page.  Individuals will make a purchase of a large download and unknowingly will not be able to complete the download.  How can they continue to take money for products they cannot deliver?

• Upvote 1

To make things even worse: I successully downloaded Aerosoft Anchorage last night after trying multiple times. On the download page it said that it‘s the latest version 1.10. However, once I unzipped the download, I found out it was still the old version 1.02. This is getting really ridiculous. 

5 hours ago, Gartro said:

Carlo

As you will recall from the locked January thread which both of us posted in, my understanding is that the US and Australian stores of PCA both use the same server. If I am preaching heresy here, Dean from the Australian store will soon correct me.

The two stores are related. My recollection is that Robert Ferraro set up PCA in a suburb of my hometown in Melbourne Australia before he moved to the US and set up the store there and before the Australian store shifted base to Queensland. By way of a bit of historical trivia, I still have a box containing one of his early products published via that Melbourne store, the 1997 MegaScenery Melbourne Victoria/Australia.

Gary

Ok. Thanks. Didn’t know that!

5 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

To make things even worse: I successully downloaded Aerosoft Anchorage last night after trying multiple times. On the download page it said that it‘s the latest version 1.10. However, once I unzipped the download, I found out it was still the old version 1.02. This is getting really ridiculous. 

I got the same thing. 🙁

Just noticed that PCA changed website address to https://pcus.x-shops.com/ 

Tried to re-download Anchorage Professional - resulting in a blank page.

Guessing that they are working on it. ( ? )

4 hours ago, casv said:

Just noticed that PCA changed website address to https://pcus.x-shops.com/ 

Tried to re-download Anchorage Professional - resulting in a blank page.

Guessing that they are working on it. ( ? )

Yes, looks like that they have moved to a faster server. I could download Anchorage Professional at 7.5 MB/s.

The version is now 1.10 (double checked by installing it on my PC).

I’m trying to download Barcelona x at the moment speed has increased but not by much I’m at 500kbs fluctuated speed when you downloaded Anchorage was the pcaviator store still pcaviator.com/store as this is what mine still is when I’m browsing the site it changes to that from pcus.x-shops.com

I also managed to download Anchorage at 1.5Mb/s this morning. So they really seem to have resolved the problem! Great news!