Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Random sound cutouts?

The sound randomly shuts off at different points during the flight, and seems to have no relation to anything I am doing. Any ideas on why it randomly mutes? This current flight I was flying the PMDG NGX, and using RC4. 

I have been having the same problem - but I don't think it is aircraft-related.

When it happens on my system, it appears the computer is switching (usually temporarily) to another task running in the background (I haven't worked out what though, because no window comes to the foreground!) ... the FSX window header ghosts out until sound returns.  Alternatively if I click in the FSX window, the window header returns to normal colours and the FSX sound returns immediately.

I would be interested in knowing if anyone has a solution too!

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

I too have had this occasionally during the years and have no idea why it happens. I can usually get sound back by going to sound on the drop down menu, activating the quiet (Q) control and then deactivating it immediately.

Bill