Sign in to follow this  
Guest alanmetcalf

importing flight plans

Guest alanmetcalf

Hello

I am trying to import flight plans to the E50P without success, has anyone been able to do this? I have got the extension pack and have updated with the latest AIRAC 1802.

I can find nothing in the supplied documentation.

Guest alanmetcalf

Hello

Carenado SupportYesterday at 14:04

Greetings,

You won't be able to import a flight plan using Navigraph extension pack, as flight planners uses simulator's NavData and Navigraph uses their own.

Regards,

Carenado.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:52 AM, Guest alanmetcalf said:

Hello

Carenado SupportYesterday at 14:04

Greetings,

You won't be able to import a flight plan using Navigraph extension pack, as flight planners uses simulator's NavData and Navigraph uses their own.

Regards,

Carenado.

Their reasoning doesn't seem right to me. PFPX, and many other flight planners, use Navigraph and NavData, and most of the planes I have can import the exported flight plans.

Even if there was a valid reason that flight plans can't be imported, you would at least think that you would be able to save and load them after you enter them. Entering the entire plan by hand for each flight is ridiculous.

I agree.. The Flight 1 G1000 integration in their aircraft has no issues with flightplan importing and easily updates Nav cycles.

It does however use the latest G600 series database downloaded from Garmin

Edited by Fearless

Regards,

Fred Fleuren