Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

Study Level Aircraft Addons for P3Dv4

I'm trying to compile a list of aircraft addons that are "close to study level" or as real as it gets for P3Dv4 (100% compatibility must be assured). Please add to the list if you see something missing, or if any aircraft on the list isn't "study level":

Airbus A320 (FSLabs)
Beechcraft B60 Turbine Duke (RealAir)
Boeing 737 (PMDG)
Boeing 747 (PMDG)
Boeing 777 (PMDG)
Bombardier DHC-8 Q400 (Majestic)
Cessna 172 (A2A)
Cessna 182 (A2A)
deHavilland DHC-6 Twin Otter (Aerosoft)
Douglas DC-6 (PMDG)
Lockheed L-049 Constellation (A2A)
Piper PA-24-250 Comanche (A2A)
Piper PA-28-180 Cherokee (A2A)

To be released:

British Aerospace Jetsream 4100 (PMDG)
McDonnell Douglas MD-80 (Leonardo)

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I'd say some of JustFlight's latest GA releases are pretty close to study level although not as in-depth as A2A you can still get vapour lock and foul spark plugs.

Also Aerosoft's A320 Professional is in development specifically for x64 and I believe it will represent a step change in simulation depth compared to their current offering.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

VRS Superbug F/A-18E

Ant's T-28 Series is on a study level with Justflight Pipers

I am not sure how 'study-level' is the Aerosoft's Twin Otter. Maybe someone with real world experience could help on that one.

• Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

19 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Also Aerosoft's A320 Professional is in development specifically for x64 and I believe it will represent a step change in simulation depth compared to their current offering.

Even  if they raised the bar from what they have to offer at the moment  it will absolutely not be a study level aircraft. Far from it.

They attempt to play down what a study sim is, actually denying such a thing exists, mainly aimed at fslabs a320 because they know it would take them years to  come to the level of what fslabs has to offer now.

Aerosoft aircrafts are aimed at casual simmers or ones that just  want to enjoy nice graphics and ease of use  and don't care too much  about accurate flight dynamics and in depth system fidelity.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

I'm trying to compile a list of aircraft addons that are "close to study level" or as real as it gets for P3Dv4 (100% compatibility must be assured)...

Bombardier DHC-8 Q400 (Majestic)

22 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Majestic Q400

S'okay I missed it within the list initially too

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Looks good to me.

Although the Turbine Duke and the Twin Otter are somewhat on the border. Both offer a lot of workarounds to overcome the flawed FS turboprop implementation. But workarounds remain workarounds, they still use the FS base.

The result is not even close to the Majestic Dash8, which entirely bypasses FS. IMHO it`s the only Addon to study Turboprop operation. 

However, it`s as discussable as the term study level itself. I think everyone has his individual border regarding this.

Mike

• Upvote 2

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

42 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Captain Sim 757?

More a medium fidelity afaik.

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, Boomer said:

More a medium fidelity afaik.

Ah I did not realize that.

Mario Di Lauro

22 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Ah I did not realize that.

And too buggy to be considered at all right now. I don't know if they plan to implement system failures (don't know about past aircraft - this is my first CS).