Sign in to follow this  
Qazme

Glideslope Capture Problem

I purchased the GTN750 to pair along with the Carenado PC-12 a few days ago. Since I've flown probably 10-12 hours worth of flight time with it and love it. However I'm having an issues with approaches and I've tried a mix of various things to make the GPS capture a glide slope on approach (Tried ILS, LNAV, LNAV+V, LPN etc approaches) and the GPS does the lateral navigation perfectly however never picks up and navigates the vertical profile. I was told, admittedly haven't tried yet since I'm still hours away from home, that if I fully start the plane and then reload the GTN750 in the plugin menu, that it will follow the glide slope profiles. Is this a known bug that plans to be fixed, a problem with the plane, a mix of both? Not pointing fingers at anyone just wanting some clear air on the issue! Hopefully this is something that can be worked out without constantly needing to reload the plugin because other than the GS issue this is probably THE BEST piece of software I've purchased for XP11!!

BTW the newest update is terrific I can actually low saved flight plans now. HUGE improvement for me!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Qazme said:

Hopefully this is something that can be worked out without constantly needing to reload the plugin because other than the GS issue this is probably THE BEST piece of software I've purchased for XP11!!

Hi and thank you for your kind words!

This issue is most likely related to a limitation in the way X-Plane allows plugins to 'override' the GPS, and probably interaction with SASL this aircraft is using which probably also 'resets' the override when loaded up.

We've not spent any time trying to solve this issue yet, but once we are clear of the G600/500 release, we'll have a closer look.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

7 minutes ago, RXP said:

Hi and thank you for your kind words!

This issue is most likely related to a limitation in the way X-Plane allows plugins to 'override' the GPS, and probably interaction with SASL this aircraft is using which probably also 'resets' the override when loaded up.

We've not spent any time trying to solve this issue yet, but once we are clear of the G600/500 release, we'll have a closer look.

RXP - thank you I'm just happy to know that you are aware of this issue and plan to take a look! It's drove me crazy for a few days now. You've done some great work on these products from what I can tell and your support seems to be top notch so far. Thanks for that - it can be a rarity. Can't wait to see future improvements!

1 hour ago, Qazme said:

BTW the newest update is terrific I can actually load saved flight plans now. HUGE improvement for me!!

I've forgotten to ask you: do you mean you can load flight plans with the just released v2.4.13 and you couldn't with the previous versions?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

1 hour ago, RXP said:

I've forgotten to ask you: do you mean you can load flight plans with the just released v2.4.13 and you couldn't with the previous versions?

That's correct. I just purchased the GTN750 on Saturday I believe it was - the installer was giving the 404 error - so I installed the linked to earlier version - 6.21.1? It did not give an import button at all. I tried everything. I saw other's having that issue and think that might be the culprit to several issues you may have with troubleshooting people.

I installed the updated Garmin trainer and GTN750 last night and *BOOM* all the test flight plans I had trying to get it working showed up as well as the import button. Problem solved. So it looks like maybe that didn't work, or doesn't work anyways, prior to the 6.41.0 install I would imagine.

What I mean by loading flight plans was importing them. I could save and load them fine I just couldn't import them.

• Upvote 1

I was indeed reading import (in my mind) instead of 'loading' as well!

Trainer v6.21 import function is supposed to work, it is just some customers having issues with 6.41.0.

There are not much changes between 6.41.0 and 6.41.1 in the GTN itself, much more changes in the TXi, and I've not specifically looked at the FPLN import function, so I thank you for this positive report with 6.41.1! 

There was a bug in the installer since the GTN v2.4.12 release, in that it wash not granting access rights to the Garmin trainer program data folder (where you create the FPLN folder and save the plans to). This has been corrected in a re-release of v2.4.13 this morning, along with a small fix to the installer for it to detect the installation, or not, of the latest trainer.

Yeah the new installer worked great for me coming from your previous release + 6.21 (with flight plans not importing) to everything working perfectly with the exception of the glide slope thing which hopefully you can get to quickly and solve easily ;-) I didn't do anything special and initiated everything from the update prompt in the plugin menu and allowed the garmin update during the installation.

Keep up the great work!

• Upvote 1

RXP - though you probably already know this but putting this in here for someone else who might stumble up on it while searching like I did.

Once the plane was started, turning the plugin off and back on did in fact fix the glide slope issue. I did three approaches last night after resetting it and all three captured the glide slope one took me all the way to the minimums with no issue. So happy now that I've figured this system out you have no clue. Now I can get some serious flying done! Thanks for all your help!

@Qazme this is indeed the temporary solution with this aircraft, a little bit annoying for now but working great otherwise!