Sign in to follow this  
rapsta

Dhc2 with f1 gtn750 direct to button clickspot

Hi together,

I am not sure if I am right here, because I don´t know if it is the Beaver and or GTN what causes the problem.

The direct to button of the GTN is not working. And sometimes the GTN seems to be frozen. In other ac the GTN is working fine.

Does anyone  else have this problem? Aparently not many.

Otherwise I would have read something here?

System is Win10, Prepar3d 4.1 and latest versions of beaver and gtn.

Thanks for the tips in advance,

Cheers

Jens

For all support issues, please read page one of the manual.

Thanks.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I will raise a ticket directly at your support forum if necessary.

Greetings,

Jens

RAPSTA:

Thank you for reporting this problem with the Beaver by Milviz. This is a Milviz design flaw that never got corrected. Using the normal virtual cockpit view,

access to the GOTO button just doesn't work. The workaround is easy, though. Bring up the 2D GTN window by holding keyboard SHIFT with number key 3.

This will give you full functionallity of your GTN 750. Afterwards, you may click the left side of the GTN frame and choose 'close window' which will put that

GTN device back into your panel.

Let us know if this works....and also any response you have gotten from Milviz.

Dave Swigert

• Upvote 1

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Hi Dave,

thank you very much for the tip. That did it. To be honest it is better to operate with 2d also.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Jens

Testing this report I have determined that its a question of procedure , once the GNS unit was loaded one would select  "Nearest"  then "airport" once the list was up selecting an airport from the options and at that point click the direct to button , the menu as seen in the popup would present itself and permit activation .

The 3D mesh button itself has a hexadecimal value attached as provided from F1 when Milviz began supporting the F1 addon itself , theirs being the third company apart from our own 430/530 systems supported .  While not without complications Milviz  pride themselves on having been first to add 3D support for 3PD software, there will always be some measure of disconnect between support and affiliation.

Being separate entities our development teams only have the opportunity to use what data we are afforded by the companies producing the addon , in the case of the direct to button this was done and any issue using it are not our fault , nor are they our mistake , they are a question of procedures and learning them .

Hi Chuck,

in my case I´m fine with it as long as the mentioned workaround is working.

But thanks anyway for the detailed information and testing.

Many greetings,

Jens

Having been busy the past week working on another project, I have found that a lot of the supposed non-responsive button clicks in the VC are the result of the heavy load that the F1 GTN software places on one's system. At times multiple successive 'clicks' are required before the desired response is obtained.

In short, if a "hand" appears when hovering over a 3d button or knob, then the sim is detecting it properly.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello,

yes that might be an issue. Thanks for the hint.

In the past on  my System under Prepar3d V3 sometimes the GTN became shortly unresponsive in this state. But mostly all functions were there. But now under Prepar3d V4 I have not this performance problem anymore. In this special case with the direct to button the  finger is always there but the button is not working.

I am sure I haven't the fastest but IMO a sufficient system (it is never enough I know :biggrin: but an i5 @ 4.2 with 16 gigs ram and a 1070 gtx should be suitable for most things).

Cheers

Jens

If the finger is there, we're doing it right.  That's what we're saying.  All we can do is to apply the code that F1 gives us.  If that's the wrong code, or, worse, you've not done the other stuff first properly, then there's not much, if anything, we can do.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Credit for that last goes to the MV team...

It should be mentioned that other aircraft in the marketplace suffer from the VC GTN GOTO button malady.

These include: A2A C182, Carenado C337, RealAir Duke and Lancair Legacy.

The one aircraft done correctly, in my collection is the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25.

Along with the Beaver, these are my favorite planes :)

Dave

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Also this problem is being discussed over in the F1 SimForum. It has not been resolved yet.

Dave Swigert

On 08/02/2018 at 8:15 PM, Eclex said:

It should be mentioned that other aircraft in the marketplace suffer from the VC GTN GOTO button malady.

These include: A2A C182, Carenado C337, RealAir Duke and Lancair Legacy.

The one aircraft done correctly, in my collection is the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25.

Along with the Beaver, these are my favorite planes :)

Dave

You have clearly a problem with your system...The Gtn750 Direct To option works like a charm in all my A2A (all versions), Realair (all versions) aircrafts and so on, included the Beaver Milviz...

However in the Beaver the click zone to open the Gtn750 or 650 in 2 D does not work (I must open the 2D with Shift3 (no big deal but.....). Btw, it's the only aircraft with this "glitch". I never seen that in any other aircraft ! Hope a patch will fix that !

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|