Sign in to follow this  
flyblueskies

FltPlan GO Connection Issues: Request for Help

I originally posted this in the FSX forum, after going there from another forum link. After I realized I was in the wrong forum, I'm reposting here...

I cannot get FltPlan Go to work on anything but the same computer.

I have the following:

P3DV4

Windows 10, version 1709, 16299.192.

I have successfully connected to the Windows based FltPlan GO, running on the same computer.

But, when I run via my wireless connected 2nd computer (same version as above), it does not connect to the Windows based FltPlan GO application.

When I try to use my Samsung PHONE, it does not connect.

When I try to use  my iPhone version 7, it does not connect.

My Windows Defender firewall allows both FltPlan Communication and FltPlan GO through the PRIVATE and PUBLIC as both are check marked.

After reading many of the posts above, it appears that the iPad connects OK, but I am very reluctant to spend that kind of money only to find out it also does not work.

I have emailed FltPlan support and I may hear from them, but in the meantime does anyone here have P3DV4, running on Windows 10, version 1709, 16299.192, connect successfully to an iPhone 7 (and show the plane on their map)?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Well,

I think I have this going now in both a 2nd PC and on my Samsung phone.

I basically reset my wireless router.

I will check again tomorrow to be sure, but it appears to work now.

I hope this might help someone else.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

You may have solved your issue.  Cardinal rule with the apps, the simulator computer and the tablet or phone must be successfully connected to the same wifi network.  Successfully connected.  I have occasional glitches with my router, provided by my ISP, and so I have had similar "need to reboot" experiences to you.  When I have issues now its the first element I look at. 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks Frank!

I did see several of your posts in the FSX forum concerning routers. This did help point me in this direction.

I can say that now it is running on my Samsung phone, it is very, very nice.

I was able to create a complete flight plan, including DP's and STARS, overlay the approach plate, just as the GTN 750 does, and follow my flight on a moving map.

Basically, everything is there...ATIS, Tower, ILS frequencies, etc. Just as  you see real world pilots use on their iPad tablets...

Very real world.

Enjoying the program!

Hi Folks,

Very cool - it's not very often that you run across a GA pilot that doesn't have an iPad in their flight bag - it's just too darn useful... Enjoy...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

11 hours ago, fppilot said:

Cardinal rule with the apps, the simulator computer and the tablet or phone must be successfully connected to the same wifi network. 

I would make one small change to what Frank has said here.  You need to make sure that the sim computer and tablet/phone are connected to the same network - wifi or otherwise.  The reason I make this distinction is that folks will often configure wifi on a separate subnet from any wired connections.  In my case, where the sim computer is wired and my tablet wireless this was not a workable configuration for ForeFlight (which I was using at the time) and wouldn't have worked for FlightPlan Go which is what I use now.

BTW, I agree that FlightPlan Go is a great simming solution - especially at the price (FREE!).  I would still prefer ForeFlight, but as I'm no longer actively flying IRL there is no way I could justify the price given that FlightPlan Go accomplishes essentially the same things in a sim environment.

Scott

LOL - yep - FREE georeferenced approach plates are unheard of anywhere outside of this site... Kudos to FltPlan...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Just reporting back that all is still working fine after 'resetting' my router.

Only issue is that its mainly for US-only flights.  I still have to use Navigraph Charts for outside US.

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

1 hour ago, ieydis said:

Only issue is that its mainly for US-only flights. 

Whoops there!  Do not forget Canada......  And the Caribbean and Mexico - where I am flying this week.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere