Sign in to follow this  
jameslkey

Frequency Changes not changing

I haven't narrowed it down to a definite repeatable and reproducible problem but there are times that the automatic Freq. Change gets "stuck." Symptoms include the labels for the secondary (STBY) freq. being wrong and odd rounding of 5s. ie 128.625 = 128.62. This particular issue is not huge but is included in case it's related. Sometimes the Com1 Freq. is very similar to the STBY freq. and appears to be "equal". 

Is there something I can implement like an update to XPUIPC to help with this?

James,

Nothing to worry about on the 128.625 vs 128.62, they are the same frequency in different formats.

I assume by automatic frequency change, you are talking about the Copilot changing the frequencies for you.  The frequency changes involve 2 round trips from P2A to the SIM and sometimes the timing of this gets off and the frequency does not change correctly.  About the only thing to do is to reprimand your Copilot and make the change yourself.  Once the frequency change is made, the copilot usually straightens up and gives the correct call to the new controller.

Also, be sure you are on the latest version 2.4.0.5 as earlier versions did have this problem more often than the current version.

Thanks for the report,

Dave

Hi Dave. You and I have PM'd but I thought I would come back to the forum so all could see my questions.

Along the lines of this subject, I have noticed, on every flight I have flown I think, the COPILOT will sometimes not respond to a controllers command. The verbiage will show in the SAYIT window in gold, but silence. I have finally realized that if I hit the SAYIT button, the COPILOT will respond verbally. This seems to be the same issue as above, but wanted to let you know. There really is an issue regarding losing the center ( and probably other) controllers during a flight and handoffs. Happens nearly every flight. Kind of gave up trying to use my own voice, now use only SAYIT with the COPILOT option engaged. Also, I have discovered that if I am flying the EPIC 1000 and set the transponder to ALT (which I think would be proper), P2A repeatedly asks me to set the squawk code. If you set it to ACTIVE, it works OK. Problem in AEROBASK planes or P2A?

Thanks.

Rich

Implementation of various aircraft causes different Transponder, Radio and AutoPilot problems in P2A.  Some due to the way the aircraft implement "special features" and others due to P2A relying on FSUIPC/XPUIPC for interaction with the planes and the plane not exposing the values such that it can be seen.  If an offset doesn't exist for a value, then P2A cannot interact with it.  That is the case with the ALT setting on the Transponder.  If someone out there knows how to set that value, please let me know and I will gladly fix it.  For now, just set toe Transponder to Active and all should work well.

And, as explained above, some issues are simply timing issues or things getting lost in the double round trip some of these operations require.

I believe that this issue becomes exacerbated (word of the day) if XP crashes and P2A is left up. Then after reloading XP, and being too lazy to re-setup P2A, I reconnect and start my flight. Maybe a stuck port in the inter process communications? I will attempt to reproduce the issue, but I have a feeling that XPs dirty exit leaves things terribly indeterminate with XPUIPC.

James,

That is correct.  If XP crashes, you should close and restart P2A so all reference to the old XP simulation are reset and P2A can establish a clean connect to the new instance of XPUIPC and XP.  While it might seem to work without doing this, it is prone to problems.

Dave