Sign in to follow this  
bjablonka8120

Real Throttle Quadrant

I hope you can help. I am looking for a real throttle quadrant for the NGX (Prepar3D v4.1). Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use or any experience with FlightSimPM products? I tried to move some of the panels to a 2nd monitor but it did not stay there after reloading the 737. I tried air manager but their throttle quadrant (software) did not work either. So I deceided to go for the real deal but I have no idea which is a good one so I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

Bernd

• Upvote 1

I've used the "Classic Pro" by FSX Throttle for over a year. Here's a link. The spring loaded reversers and flap gates make every landing fun. The gates are best set up with FSUIPC, and once done, it's a superb bit of kit. No separate drivers needed as Win10 picked it right up. Same with SPADNext if you also use the Saitek/Logitech multi-panel and switch panel.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

My first pick would be https://cockpitforyou.com/B737-Throttle-Quadrant-Motorised-bronze

Panels on 2nd monitor will only stay in an saved scenerio on their places, you move the unlocked panels and save the flight. A huge drawback of PMDG in my eyes, one of the main reasons i will go for a different 737 addon when my homepit is advanced far enough.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Thanks Herman,  unfortunately they do not take order till after April. Otherwise it looks good.

Joe, thanks, does it work for Airbuses, q400 etc too? Do you own it?

Best

Bernd

12 hours ago, bjablonka8120 said:

Joe, thanks, does it work for Airbuses, q400 etc too? Do you own it?

I don't know, you have to ask the manufacturer. But i guess yes.

No, but if i have enough EUR collected that would be my first place to get rid of the bucks.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Yep its is :biggrin:

"Luckily" i decided to buy an CPFlight MCP and EFIS last year instead of the TQ. Was a close game between the two options!

Signature3.png

WOW, nice setup. You mentioned you are looking for another 737, which one are you considering?

Best

Bernd

I don't want to make advertising for an competing product here in the PMDG forum. There is only one openly available manufacturer for 737 add-on AFAIK which product has much more flexibility for homepit builders. Of course also more expensive but with a look at the prices of cockpit hardware in the ballpark.

But who knows, maybe PMDG surprises us with an advanced SDK so we can drive the hardware and extract the screens to additional PC's. 

Signature3.png

I use the throttle quadrant from flightsimpm.com. Its not motorised but at the price its unbeatable. Set up was easy as its USB and FSX sees it in the calibration section.

I just bought and installed the FlightsimPM throttle. It looks great but felt a little lite. I mounted it to a FDS throttle stand and transformed into a sturdy unit.

I am having trouble assigning the fuel valve idle and cutoff levers. I can get the lever to move to the Idle position but not to the cut off position. I have gone through FSUIPC and have not been able to get the cutoff lever it to work.

Any help would be greatly apricated. Thanks

7 hours ago, bluesman1 said:

I can get the lever to move to the Idle position but not to the cut off position. I have gone through FSUIPC and have not been able to get the cutoff lever it to work.

The run and off controls are two different bindings, you need to assign one switch position to run and another switch position (if it is a two way switch) to the off binding.  A single pole (make or break) switch cannot do both unless you know how to get FSUIPC to take separate actions on open and break.  Also, be sure you are first assigning key commands to these items in the PMDG Options menu.  I have four key commands assigned (two per engine) and FSUIPC is used to convert the controller switch position into key commands that match the PMDG assignments.

PS Please note PMDG forum rules as that we sign our full name on all posts in their forums.

Edited by downscc
  • Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

On 2/7/2018 at 4:02 PM, JoeFackel said:

My first pick would be https://cockpitforyou.com/B737-Throttle-Quadrant-Motorised-bronze

Panels on 2nd monitor will only stay in an saved scenerio on their places, you move the unlocked panels and save the flight. A huge drawback of PMDG in my eyes, one of the main reasons i will go for a different 737 addon when my homepit is advanced far enough.

At 2000euro you’d expect it to at least look 100% like the real world quadrant. why do they not recess the autothrottle disconnect switches into the grips. Trim wheels look wrong. Trim placard looks funny/wrong. Stab trim cutout switches!? Thrust levers, flap and speed rake handles look like they don’t have much resistance to moving them so they would FEEL wrong.

im just guessing, but I suppose if you tried an rto you would probably wreck the motor inside unless you disconnected autothrottle before moving the levers to idle?

i know where I’d rather spend my money... 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Brian Nellis