Sign in to follow this  
Bugor

Recent Comms panel is blank

Hi, I've just installed the latest version (7.41) for Prepar3D v4 and the Recent Comms panel is not working. It appears, but it's just blank (white).

Does anybody has any idea how to fix it?

Thank you!

I have reinstalled the VoxAtc and now my demo says that it's expired (I was using it just 2 days). Emailed support, but no reply so far.

Now I'm wondering does anybody have this Recent Comm panel working? I'm now thinking maybe it's not functional at all and nobody just cares about it...

But for me it's going to be a deal breaker as it won't be possible to verify clearance instructions, frequencies, etc...

How do you guys deal with this problem? Or maybe the panel is just working fine for everybody except me...

4 hours ago, Bugor said:

Or maybe the panel is just working fine for everybody except me..

I think that might possibly be why no one initially responded to your thread. It's hard to offer advice when one hasn't seen the problem. The Recent Comm panel gauge is such a simple component that if it isn't working it almost must be something about the either the VOXATC installation, the OS installation (font issues) or the flight sim itself that is messing up the gauge.

I can't speak for other flightsims or OS platforms, but with P3d 4.1 and Windows 10, VOXATC is pretty much bulletproof. That doesn't mean that there aren't issues, but if one looks through the threads in this subforum, one sees that most of the reported issues are caused by either user error (corrupt scenery database, flight plans that aren't realistic or just basic RTFM stuff) or faulty airport scenery. The latter category is really where all the problems with VOXATC reside. Unlike the sim's ATC, VOXATC is really unforgiving about faulty taxiway and runway geometry. It also doesn't like mismatched AIRACs among its own database, the airports being used and the user aircraft. And not having an open technical support dialog with the developer makes these types of problems frustrating for the average user. These users aren't about to learn Airport Design Editor just to make a specific airport work correctly with VOXATC. Most people just want to fly and nothing more.

Hi,

I've the same problem and came across with this thread.

In the meanwhile, I found the solution for the problem. In my case, the gauge wasn't loaded because of a missing VC++ redistributable package. I've installed the VC++ 2010 x64 (not sure if it's needed) and VC++ 2012 x64 and now this works fine. 

Let me know if solves your problem too.

That's a helpful observation and may assist other VOXATC users with fixing quirky results. Some 3rd party developers use an older version of C language compilers than what is used to compile P3d4 and hence the older compiler versions may not be installed by default. 

On 2/8/2018 at 5:36 PM, Bugor said:

I have reinstalled the VoxAtc and now my demo says that it's expired (I was using it just 2 days). Emailed support, but no reply so far.

Now I'm wondering does anybody have this Recent Comm panel working? I'm now thinking maybe it's not functional at all and nobody just cares about it...

But for me it's going to be a deal breaker as it won't be possible to verify clearance instructions, frequencies, etc...

How do you guys deal with this problem? Or maybe the panel is just working fine for everybody except me...

Real pilots don’t have a readback screen, and manage to deal with it by writing instructions and clearances down. My screen does work, but I rarely use it. If you want true realism, try flying with a knee board and jotting down clearances, frequencies, taxi instructions, etc. 

16 hours ago, Mad_Mac said:

Real pilots don’t have a readback screen, and manage to deal with it by writing instructions and clearances down. My screen does work, but I rarely use it. If you want true realism, try flying with a knee board and jotting down clearances, frequencies, taxi instructions, etc. 

Ok Mac I agree with you at 100% but... for most of us FSX pilots are not real life pilot. I think most of us want to get it as realistic as possible but at our own learning rythm (which is not necerraly possible in real life).

VoxATC could be a great learning tool if all its "helpers" worked correctly. For virtual pilots these bugs make things more confusing than they are in reality. Nobody can't use VoxATC in expert mode from the start. Also think that things get hardest for non-english speaking people (at the first stages at least) without writting help.

• Upvote 1