Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

Strange issue on external views

Hi,

I am having a strange issue with Chaseplane and PMDG 747 on P3D V4.1. I have the Chaseplane latest experimental build installed and I have mapped both internal and external views to some joystick buttons and I have always been able to switch correctly among them since I installed CP many months ago. What happens now is that I no longer can switch to the external views either using the buttons or even via the Chaseplane GUI in the presets section. The Internal views work well with no issues at all, the problem is only on the external views (and on the static cameras...they are not accessible as well).

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Ezio 

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

I noticed the same thing this morning. its happening with the FSLabs A320. my issue seems to happen only at fsdt KJFK. Im also having an issue with GSX at that airport. I cant pull up anything from the GSX services menu, then if i try to resart coualt, GSX disappears from the P3D menu all together.

2 hours ago, mike4370 said:

I noticed the same thing this morning. its happening with the FSLabs A320. my issue seems to happen only at fsdt KJFK. Im also having an issue with GSX at that airport. I cant pull up anything from the GSX services menu, then if i try to resart coualt, GSX disappears from the P3D menu all together.

It seems we have the same problem.....it is not only Chaseplane affected, but all the addons which are listed in the drop down Addon menu in P3D. And not only those.... I also have AS16 installed in a networked configuration and although the "Simulator connected" notice appears, AS16 is not able to inject the weather. I have been investigating on it today and although I have not found a solution, it seems that the only way to clear the issue is to disable FSUIPC in the dll.xml file (which is obviously not a viable solution....). In this way I can access to all the CP views, the Addon Menu is working well and AS16 injects weather.... I have tried to reinstall FSUIPC, delete the .ini file, use a previous version but no success at all, It looks like a communication issue between Simconnect and FSUIPC which then freezes several other addons including CP. This is weird....I have never had such a problem in the past.

If you find a solution, please let me know...

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

I would'nt know where to start to try to figure out what the issue is but you might be on to something here with FSUIPC. I just updated FSUIPC with the latest version and since then, nothing but problems like this.  for me, the issue seems to only happen at fsdreamteam's KJFK v2. GSX and CP seems to work just fine at other airports I've tried it out on.

1 hour ago, Eziocin said:

It seems we have the same problem.....it is not only Chaseplane affected, but all the addons which are listed in the drop down Addon menu in P3D. And not only those.... I also have AS16 installed in a networked configuration and although the "Simulator connected" notice appears, AS16 is not able to inject the weather. I have been investigating on it today and although I have not found a solution, it seems that the only way to clear the issue is to disable FSUIPC in the dll.xml file (which is obviously not a viable solution....). In this way I can access to all the CP views, the Addon Menu is working well and AS16 injects weather.... I have tried to reinstall FSUIPC, delete the .ini file, use a previous version but no success at all, It looks like a communication issue between Simconnect and FSUIPC which then freezes several other addons including CP. This is weird....I have never had such a problem in the past.

If you find a solution, please let me know...

Ezio

Ezio,

A possible solution may be to reinstall SimConnect.

I noted you are using AS16, and also P3Dv4.1 ActiveSky has been updated to AS4 for P3Dv4.x.

I am currently running FSUIPC 5.122 and have not experienced the problems described here. I run AS4 networked, and have had issues in the past...like a windows 10 update that changed all my networking settings, causing all my networked addons to quit working. Once the network issue was resolved, all worked fine.

Have you tried reverting CP back to non-experimental, and the close and restart CP?

Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I dont think its a chaseplane issue. I just updated FSUIPC to 5.123 and I think that is a big part of the problem. (how do you reinstall simconnect?)

I also have come to the conclusion it is not a CP issue. I have reinstalled the 4 versions of Simconnect but it has not helped, and I have also tried to use a pre 5.123 version of FSUIPC but no success. AS16 is updated at the latest version abd the network configuration is OK.

I  assume the System is broken somewhere ma I can’ t spot where it is broken and I am running out of ideas. 

Has anyone got the full installer of a pre 5.123 version of FSUIPC ? I just replaced the .dll as I didn’ t have the full installer but only the 5.122 .dll. Might be worth trying with a full install.

ezio

i tried that but it said I already have the latest version of FSUIPC and it wouldn't let me roll back to the previous version, therefore i deleted the previous installer I had. Eziocin, how do you reinstall simconnect?

I have 5.122. I ALWAYS keep a previous version of anything I install, just for chance something like this happens to me.

Not sure how to get it to you...will PM you and see what we can do.

Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

1 hour ago, mike4370 said:

I dont think its a chaseplane issue. I just updated FSUIPC to 5.123 and I think that is a big part of the problem. (how do you reinstall simconnect?)

Mike,

I would assume you can uninstall using windows app manager in settings. Uninstall, restart Windows, install, restart Windows.

SimConnect is listed in Apps as "Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client" and "Microsoft ESP SimConnect Client", depending on which one you want to uninstall.

Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

11 minutes ago, mike4370 said:

i tried that but it said I already have the latest version of FSUIPC and it wouldn't let me roll back to the previous version, therefore i deleted the previous installer I had. Eziocin, how do you reinstall simconnect?

To reinstall Simconnect, go to the P3D root folder and look for the Redist folder. Inside that you will find the following folders: 

ESP V1

FSX-RTM

FSX-SP1

FSX-SP2-PACK

Inside the first one you will find a Simconnect.msi file. For the remaining 3 folders, navigate into Retail / Lib subfolders and you will find for each of them a Simconnect.msi. Just run all 4 msi files and that's it. 

However I have already tried this without results.

Let me know if it works for you

Ezio

I'll try it, I still think its FSUIPC though. Im trying other airports in the NY area and it seems the issue comes up at these other airports in NY also (even default ones). on the west coast however, everything seems fine. (such as KSNA, KSFO, KSAN etc etc) this is really strange. why would this issue happen only in certain places in the sim? and just seem to happen out of nowhere. it seems only GSX and CP takes a dump on itself when this happens.

From our ChasePlane Support page: https://fsfxpackages.com/en/support/products/ChasePlane/

"ChasePlane and other SimConnect applications no longer interact with the sim"
Reset the wxstationlist.bin file

We have not found the root cause of this issue but with some add-on combinations, the wxstationlist.bin file causes SimConnect applications to stop working properly. Removing this file and letting it regenerate should fix the issue. This issue is not caused by ChasePlane as the file is not modified by ChasePlane.

1. Shutdown the simulator
  2. Navigate to the following folder corresponding to your simulator version
    1. %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
    2. %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
    3. %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
    4. %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX-SE
    5. %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX
  3. Remove the wxstationlist.bin file
  4. Launch the simulator

Let me know if that does the trick!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42