Sign in to follow this  
Max Sliders

Alternative to SPADNext?

29 minutes ago, yankeegolf3 said:

Hello,

Did you try the original SPAD driver, still available for free? It works for me.

Yes I did, but thanks.  Following the great input from you guys, I'm convinced the problem is connected to USB power issues.  I'll continue to explore that.  Many thanks all, much appreciated!

55 minutes ago, yankeegolf3 said:

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

For me anyway, I found that using only USB 2.0 ports for my Saitek/Logitech switch and multi-panel eliminated my issues. That applies for mobo back panel connectors as well as front panel ones. That's on top of clearing the power management checkboxes and applying the other OS option fixes noted above. Once I started using only the 2.o connectors, I've stopped having problems with Spad.neXT connectivity issues in P3Dv4.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

2 hours ago, flyfed said:

For me anyway, I found that using only USB 2.0 ports for my Saitek/Logitech switch and multi-panel eliminated my issues. That applies for mobo back panel connectors as well as front panel ones. That's on top of clearing the power management checkboxes and applying the other OS option fixes noted above. Once I started using only the 2.o connectors, I've stopped having problems with Spad.neXT connectivity issues in P3Dv4.

I agree with the above mentioned solutions

I have never had issues with SPAD.next and find it invaluable particularly when coupled with VoiceAttack and the ability to execute Lvar commands with VoiceAttack verbal commands worked through SPAD.next. This has become even more valuable to me as I fly mostly VR now.

i wouldn’t assume your issues are do to SPAD.next, at least they have never been for me

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

First off, thanks to all for your contributions!  I have now resolved the issue and as mentioned above in some posts, the USB power settings was the cause of my woes.  To cut a long story short, if you are having similar issues, try this (Note: I guess some Windows editions might have a slightly different structure?);

• In the Windows 10 search window on the task bar, type 'Power Option' and you should be given the option 'Power & Sleep Settings', choose that.  Alternatively from Settings/System, select it from the list on the left.
  • Under Related Settings click on Additional Power Settings
  • In the resulting window, then select Choose Plan Settings to the right of Power Saver
  • In the next window, select Change Advanced Power Settings
  • In the last window (Power Options), expand the USB Settings and then USB Selective Suspend Setting and change Enable to Disable by clicking on Enable and selecting Disable.  

I hope this helps someone!

Best wishes,

Max.

On 2/7/2018 at 0:19 PM, Paul_ said:

Hi Max

Yeah ... speak to Saitek and get them to develop a driver that actually works properly

Disgusting that they can get away with selling products that have issues and you have to end up purchasing third party software to make it work!

I parallel this with going out and buying an expensive TV and the supplied remote control doesn't work with it so you end up having to purchase an alternative ....

Would anyone accept that .. of course they wouldn't!

Paul 

Absolutely Paul. The problem is, I wouldn't mind so much if I had to buy a third party remote control if I could understand how to get the darn thing to work! SPAD IMO is a bit of a joke. Completely and unnecessarily unintuitive and complicated.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

4 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Absolutely Paul. The problem is, I wouldn't mind so much if I had to buy a third party remote control if I could understand how to get the darn thing to work! SPAD IMO is a bit of a joke. Completely and unnecessarily unintuitive and complicated.

Howard

I have always valued your input on this forum and picked up valuable insights.

I would agree SPAD.next is not a simple tool but I find it invaluable for my many Saitek devices and the ability to use it with VoiceAttack to trigger Lvars is tremendous particualarly flying PMDG aircraft in VR.

I would have to respectfully disagree that the tool is “completely and unnecessary unintuitive and complicated”. I and many others have mastered the use of it and wouldn’t fly without it. Can it be complicated, yes if you want to use it’s full capability, but the magnitude of capability it provides is fantastic once you invested the time to understand it. This hobby as you know is not for the faint at heart and requires many addon support apps to make it fully immersive. 

I would agree that Saitek and now Logitech have never developed good drivers or software apps for their products having lived through many of their issues for years.

So to those of you out there using Saitek equipment and are thinking of using Spad.next AND are fairly adept at our wonderful hobby fear not 

https://www.spadnext.com/home.html

Will great respect

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

17 hours ago, joepoway said:

Howard

I have always valued your input on this forum and picked up valuable insights.

I would agree SPAD.next is not a simple tool but I find it invaluable for my many Saitek devices and the ability to use it with VoiceAttack to trigger Lvars is tremendous particualarly flying PMDG aircraft in VR.

I would have to respectfully disagree that the tool is “completely and unnecessary unintuitive and complicated”. I and many others have mastered the use of it and wouldn’t fly without it. Can it be complicated, yes if you want to use it’s full capability, but the magnitude of capability it provides is fantastic once you invested the time to understand it. This hobby as you know is not for the faint at heart and requires many addon support apps to make it fully immersive. 

I would agree that Saitek and now Logitech have never developed good drivers or software apps for their products having lived through many of their issues for years.

So to those of you out there using Saitek equipment and are thinking of using Spad.next AND are fairly adept at our wonderful hobby fear not 

https://www.spadnext.com/home.html

Will great respect

Joe

Hi Joe, I understand what you say, but I know for a fact, there are many simmers, like myself, who are not newbies and who have a fairly high degree of knowledge of the workings of FSX or P3d but simply don't want to spend their precious time learning how to make over complicated addons function, which to all intents and purpose should be straightforward. Look at LINDA for example, or Chaseplane, both in my opinion, are must have addons, which can be mastered within a very short time. I just get frustrated a lot of the time, probably something to do with my age! Things seemed a lot easier to learn when the brain was younger! :biggrin:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi

I have been using Spadnext since it first came out and you constantly read that the program is overly hard. I started with the Saitek drivers,then Lynda, then Spad and then Spad.next .  There is definitely a learning curve in the program but I found the easiest way was to go into the program and download either a snippet or a complete setup from the site. At this stage your Saitek units can be almost completely setup. If you are happy with the result you dont have to do anything else. I now have 10 units programmed through Spad.next and there is no way the other programs could go anywhere this bit of kit. Being able to make and program your own switch panels makes this hobby so much richer. A good example of the programs abilities is when my saitek switch panel died.  Instead of throwing it out I have added leds above all the switches,removed the original USB cable and wired the switches to a Derek Speares board and that I allready had and then programmed the whole thing through Spad.next . All I can say is start small and work up from there.

Ken