Sign in to follow this  
Tomek Albrecht

737NGX sinks into runway due to fuel overload

Hi

First of all, apologize but I couldn't find a fix for that. The problem is described in the title. I found that FMC shows hudge overload with fuel,

1 hour ago, Tomek Albrecht said:

Hi

First of all, apologize but I couldn't find a fix for that. The problem is described in the title. I found that FMC shows hudge overload with fuel,

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future! I Understand that you have your name on your profile bu this required under your post as well.

For your issue 99% you are not loading the plane in the sim correctly. Ie your startup situation should be the select flight/load scenario screen with the default Trike/F22 (depending sim you are using). From there select the ngx and select fly. Having as a start up situation a complex addon (ours or another) or loading a PMDG on top of another will cause these issues.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

I can change this value after I click P (pause)and then immediatelly go to the FMC FSoption>FUEL. Then it works properly.

Had the same situation once came back from crash and airplane after reload suddenly felt to the ground because of weight >700000 kgs!!!.

Regards

Tomek A.

48 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

For your issue 99% you are not loading the plane in the sim correctly. Ie your startup situation should be the select flight/load scenario screen with the default Trike/F22 (depending sim you are using). From there select the ngx and select fly. Having as a start up situation a complex addon (ours or another) or loading a PMDG on top of another will cause these issues.

I will try to use  PMDG airplanes only.

2 minutes ago, Tomek Albrecht said:

I will try to use  PMDG airplanes only.

You should not have any complex addon as a start up state.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

complex addon= PMDG aircraft.

In other words, when you open up the flight planner in FSX the image should be the trike light aircraft not a PMDG aircraft for example

4 minutes ago, Bob Marton said:

complex addon= PMDG aircraft.

In other words, when you open up the flight planner in FSX the image should be the trike light aircraft not a PMDG aircraft for example

OK, I understood that is should be PDMG aircraft. Since there was trike as default + default location. I will check and back with findings. Could you please check why my cocpit contains old textures?

4 hours ago, Tomek Albrecht said:

OK, I understood that is should be PDMG aircraft

Should NOT be.

Since there was trike as default + default location

This is what it should be.

Could you please check why my cocpit contains old textures?

What's wrong with them?

Kyle Rodgers

Don't understand. That's just full tanks and a 737NG can fly at 77,999kg  from most decent runways?

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

The problem of the fuel overload appears if you change from one PMDG livery to another without exiting and restarting the sim. This is a new bug introduced with the P3Dv4 version of the PMDG planes. I've never had it in FSX, P3Dv2 and v3 (and could not reproduce it now). The PMDG777 is affected the same way. I don't have the other PMDG aircraft yet.

The manual states that PMDG planes should not be loaded on top of each other or on top of a 3rd party aircraft. But this was written years before the fuel bug existed. Switching the livery or the PMDG aircraft type has worked anyway in P3Dv3 most of the time, at least the errors (if any) were not directly visible. Now in P3Dv4 the fuel bug forces a restart. This might explain the several threads in this forum about this issue since the P3Dv4 update was released (the first thread here is from July 2017).

I did some investigation of what exactly happens with the fuel tanks in the PMDG737-800:

Upon reloading the 737NGX the current fuel amount (that was in before reloading) in the center tank is multiplied by 42.99. The right and left tank amount is multiplied by 12.88 each. Where are these strange figures from? They are defined in the aircraft.cfg under [fuel]. The capacity of the center tank is 4299 US Gals, left and right tanks hold up to 1288 US Gals.

[fuel]
Center1=  -1.884,   0.000, -1.800, 4299.000, 0.000
LeftMain= -9.110, -16.500,  1.600, 1288.000, 0.000
RightMain=-9.110,  16.500,  1.600, 1288.000, 0.000

After each consecutive reload or livery switching the fuel amount is again multiplied by these numbers. The gross weight becomes so high that the planes sinks into the ground and starts shaking. The true fuel amount in the tanks is always indicated in the regular payload & fuel menu of P3D. The FMC fuel indication is wrong in this situation, only the gross weight is correct.

You can reduce the fuel amount in the FMC fuel page, but it won't help. If you click 1/3 or 2/3 the tanks are correctly refilled, but the FMC shows a much too low fuel level. As a consequence, one gets an engine flameout after a few minutes, because the FMC *thinks* the tanks are empty (the flameout seems to relate on the FMC indication, not on the true fuel amount).

I hope PMDG will have a look at this, although it only happens outside of their recommended usage.

Yves Guillaume

P3Dv4

Author of "Flight Dynamics in Microsoft Flight Simulator - An Analysis of the Aircraft Specific Input Parameters of FS 2004 and FSX"

It isn’t a bug as such because PMDG state you should not load it over itself. You’ll even get a warning message if you try. If you choose to load the sim in a non recommended manner you must expect issues like this.

ki9cAAb.jpg