Sign in to follow this  
Jamie Summers

737 NGX issues

2 hours ago, harrry said:

If you are flying fsx you may find it is better to fly with outdated data as it corresponds more with the in sim coded data.  Using the latest data gives a variety of problems.

Hmmm...  I have had a subscription to Navigraph for years.  Using current nav data at all times has not caused me any FSX problems whatsoever.  In my case, most of my FSX flights are online with VATSIM.  Therefore having the latest nav data is imperative, otherwise I would often be unable to comply with ATC instructions e.g. when being assigned a specific SID or STAR since those change periodically.

I would be interested to learn what "variety of problems" are associated with using current nav data.  The only one that springs to mind, is possibly the odd runway or ILS alignment.  But if that is the case, wouldn't then using the in-sim coded data cause problems with add-on scenery where such alignment is reflected in current nav data ?

• Upvote 1

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

2 hours ago, EmileB said:

Hmmm...  I have had a subscription to Navigraph for years.  Using current nav data at all times has not caused me any FSX problems whatsoever.  In my case, most of my FSX flights are online with VATSIM.  Therefore having the latest nav data is imperative, otherwise I would often be unable to comply with ATC instructions e.g. when being assigned a specific SID or STAR since those change periodically.

I would be interested to learn what "variety of problems" are associated with using current nav data.  The only one that springs to mind, is possibly the odd runway or ILS alignment.  But if that is the case, wouldn't then using the in-sim coded data cause problems with add-on scenery where such alignment is reflected in current nav data ?

Yes if you are flying with others it is essential. However with almost all VORs and NDBs having been disabled in Australia if you wish to fly using them you are out of luck.

He is almost certain to use a lot more default airports than add ons,

Harry Woodrow

The only reason that I want up to date nav data is so that I can use real world up to date charts. I would like to look at GNSS arrivals/approaches into any airfield that I may have charts for, this is about the extent of what I will use FSX and 737 NGX for. Now the question is, does FSX need an update of some kind as mentioned above? Does Navigraph provide the arrivals and departures or just en-route waypoints? The only problem I can envisage is that some of the runway courses will have changed over the years. That in itself is no problem for me, I certainly wont be 'beacon hopping' either, and if I do it will be just messing around.

Cheers

Jamie Summers

I have not updated my AIRAC, in my PMDG arcraft, I fly in FSX not using vatsim. I do have add on airports that have modified runway numbers (eg 9L is now 10L). I know that this is the same runway. As for allignment, this too has not been a problem. Yes navaids are different, but I make adjustments. Honestly, no real problem.But that is just me, perhaps as I move to P3D, I will have a different approach.

10 hours ago, harrry said:

If you are flying fsx you may find it is better to fly with outdated data as it corresponds more with the in sim coded data.  Using the latest data gives a variety of problems.

Olympic260...   I was providing the LINK for this post where obviously the poster hasn't updated his SIM Navaids....  thank you for your advice.

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

1 hour ago, aerostar said:

Olympic260...   I was providing the LINK for this post where obviously the poster hasn't updated his SIM Navaids....  thank you for your advice.

Again real names on the forums please as per rules.

The OP has not updated his navdata ie AIRAC, nothing to do with Navaids something that I have not updated ever my self and had no issues

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, Olympic260 said:

Again real names on the forums please as per rules.

The OP has not updated his navdata ie AIRAC, nothing to do with Navaids something that I have not updated ever my self and had no issues

... perhaps it's time you did update your SIM database....   then all your Navaids will match up with your aircraft Airac cycles.

Again, I was not replying to the OP but the poster who made the last post before mine....   to recap - that poster was suggesting not updating Airac cycles because of mismatch with SIM database...   when the apparent logical thing to do is Update the SIM Database to match the current Airac cycle.

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

As an example of the problems.

A person tries to fly the PMDG tutorial flight for the 777.   Errors if the Nav data is not the old one

A person tries to fly the Majestic tutorial flight ...errors if the Nav Dats is not the old one.

Of course many of us like to fly with upgraded Navigraph but for beginners especially a lot of flights will not work.

Try to enter VOR routes into a FMS in Australia, the US was dropping them too but delayed for a few years.  

• Upvote 1

Harry Woodrow

hi every one ive been a having a pretty weird issue with my 737 ngx. What is happens is that every time i press esc or go to the map and come back the plane doest have cockpit, or the skys turns black or the water dissapears, or the extarnal model is invisible, etc. Its really weird and almost makes it impossible to fly because y cant use the map or use other menus. Please some help me