Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

KMHT - Manchester New Hampshire - PIREP ?

Hi Folks,

There appears to be a new kid on the block - Viewpoint Technologies - I see KMHT was recently added to Simmarket - anyone take the plunge and could offer feedback ? The pics look pretty good and I’m very happy to see someone tackling other than Bravo’s - the Regionals need love too... It’s actually an airport I’ve flown into before so my interest is pretty high...

s5logn.jpg

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

For a minute or two I thought was an in game screenshot :laugh:

I noticed it on SM too, the screenshots don't do it many favors to be honest, but then again it is only priced at 13 euro. Maybe worth a punt if you think you'll get use out of it for that price :smile:

Hi...

Yeah - I'll probably try it - the ground textures give me the biggest pause - they seem to stand out considerably... The modeling looked good - LOL - which is probably why I'm torn... It's reasonably priced so maybe I'll take one for the team and to hopefully motivate the developer to work on blending ? Seamless ground textures compatible with ORBX are very high on my priority list... Most developers seem to realize this today...

Thanks for the response...

Regards,
Scott

I bought it yesterday and took it for a quick spin.  I didn't notice anything obvious issue with the ground textures (winter).  I'll try to spend a bit more time with it today and let you know.

Heck, it was only $15! :)

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

I've got it. If you are looking for ORBX quality, you'll be disappointed, but for the price it's not bad.

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9vUWaxGbCXOMEHJF3

Pretty close to your photo...

• Upvote 2

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the feedback - and Rich - thanks for going the extra mile and taking the cool screenshot... Yeah - I certainly don't need ORBX levels - LOL - I spend the bulk of my time hopping between ORBX freeware airports... The ground textures are pretty important to me though - at least their ability to blend well without a painfully obvious demarcation - and they appear to fall a bit short in that department... Still - we haven't had Manchester since Mach1 did it for FS9 - so I'll probably pick this one up... Appreciate the responses... I had a quick correspondence with the developer and he said he's working on Portland ME - which I don't think we've ever seen - and a most welcome destination in my book...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info Scott. If he is doing KPWM; maybe he will do KBGR. :biggrin: I got my first CFI in 1971 with the flying feds at KPWM.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the feedback - and Rich - thanks for going the extra mile and taking the cool screenshot... Yeah - I certainly don't need ORBX levels - LOL - I spend the bulk of my time hopping between ORBX freeware airports... The ground textures are pretty important to me though - at least their ability to blend well without a painfully obvious demarcation - and they appear to fall a bit short in that department... Still - we haven't had Manchester since Mach1 did it for FS9 - so I'll probably pick this one up... Appreciate the responses... I had a quick correspondence with the developer and he said he's working on Portland ME - which I don't think we've ever seen - and a most welcome destination in my book...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott:

Ha! I also saw this MTH and have been on the fence. The work received a pretty nasty review by some guy so I took my finger off the trigger. I'll wait for your look and decide then.

BTW, there are good renditions of KPWM in the freeware and payware world. I used to pax out of there for some years so I was interested. So right now my PWM looks pretty good, including the big hotel across the street. Same with BGR. I have a freeware version that has the Air Guard represented !

Best regards,

Rick

16 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Thanks for the info Scott. If he is doing KPWM; maybe he will do KBGR. :biggrin: I got my first CFI in 1971 with the flying feds at KPWM.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Yep - we haven't had Bangor since "John Young" IIRC made his - hah - 1971 - I was six... If you had Loran C in the plane - it was a treat ? I'm looking for my retirement place around Bangor - need to make a trip up there - found a house around Brownsville I want to look at...

15 hours ago, silverheels2 said:

Hi Scott:

Ha! I also saw this MTH and have been on the fence. The work received a pretty nasty review by some guy so I took my finger off the trigger. I'll wait for your look and decide then.

BTW, there are good renditions of KPWM in the freeware and payware world. I used to pax out of there for some years so I was interested. So right now my PWM looks pretty good, including the big hotel across the street. Same with BGR. I have a freeware version that has the Air Guard represented !

Best regards,

Rick

Hi Rick,

Yeah - the one thing I have in the back of my head - is if I don't like the ground textures - I could probably redo them myself - I used to do scenery back in FS9 and I was pretty familiar with SBuilder....

I'll have to look for the freeware version of Portland - honestly - since moving to v3 and now v4 - I really stopped looking at freeware - I should take a look around and see if there are any gems out there... Wish Ed Cox would show up again and port his incredible Saratoga NY and Glens Falls NY to P3D...

Regards,
Scott

57 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Greg,

Yep - we haven't had Bangor since "John Young" IIRC made his - hah - 1971 - I was six... If you had Loran C in the plane - it was a treat ? I'm looking for my retirement place around Bangor - need to make a trip up there - found a house around Brownsville I want to look at...

Scott,

My retirement home is in Frankfort, which is in between Bangor and Belfast. I got 5 acres and we cleared only an acre. Hope you like snow and cold weather, but it is great living here.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

See the link below for a few overall screen captures taken during various seasons.  A2A C172 in the Daniel Webster College livery :)

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMbuUmY7mlBrjEZ-o7Ylh43OYhdmjqBgCISY5lz0tC4UKQLXwuYjWUK-V7TTIG9Vw?key=UG1ST3FWTE9XLWc3eF9obEhEVnd6Mlp5UWZPMmxB

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Scott,

My retirement home is in Frankfort, which is in between Bangor and Belfast. I got 5 acres and we cleared only an acre. Hope you like snow and cold weather, but it is great living here.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Sounds perfect - cold winters keep the riffraff out - they go to FL - LOL... I like nothing better than stomping through the outback looking for moose - with a camera...

:tongue:

21 hours ago, richbonneau said:

See the link below for a few overall screen captures taken during various seasons.  A2A C172 in the Daniel Webster College livery :)

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMbuUmY7mlBrjEZ-o7Ylh43OYhdmjqBgCISY5lz0tC4UKQLXwuYjWUK-V7TTIG9Vw?key=UG1ST3FWTE9XLWc3eF9obEhEVnd6Mlp5UWZPMmxB

Hi Rich,

Thanks so much - again - very nice of you to post some great PIX for us to evaluate - much appreciated - sir... It looks like winter has the worst blending as the darn snow is just so dull and dingy... That's what I asked the developer about - he said it's too much work to fix... I've done satellite imagery - and if you have the source - it's really not that much work to change it... A bit disappointing actually - as it shows he's not really interested in putting forth the best product he can... Still - it's the only KMHT going...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Folks,

Just to prove blending sat imagery isn't hard - spent a few hours remembering how to do this - most of the time was spent remembering and not the doing - I could change these textures in minutes now that it's setup - and I'm blending with ORBX Global color pallets... This is just a quick and dirty proof of concept which took all of 5 minutes to turn summer sat imagery into a winter wonderland... There's really no reason not to blend with ORBX...

2yl8g9v.jpg

vpumna.jpg

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

Thanks Scott, those look great ! . Wish I had your talent for blending.  Where is this little gem of an airfield ?

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png