Sign in to follow this  
MattS

Flight to airport not in database

I've been contracted by the US Air Force to fly a top secret cargo flight from Area 51 in Nevada to Johnston Atoll in the Pacific ocean. Both are P3D airports, but unfortunately Johnston is not in the nav database on the aircraft. I am able to plan the flight in PFPX by creating a user waypoint over Johnston Atoll, and my flight plan would be Area 51 (KXTA) to PHNL (by way of my user waypoint of Johnston). Essentially this would mean overflying Hawaii and continuing on to Johnston with a manual descent, approach and landing. PHNL would essentially be my alternate. Manually entering the lat/lon for Johnston in the FMC shouldn't be an issue, so I can't see what could go wrong!

Do you guys have any thoughts? Have I planned this out as best as can be?

The only thing I am worried about is navigating out of there, since my departure airport and my GPS won't be in agreement, but we can worry about that later....

Hi,

I have never tested in the sim but according to the FCOM p193 (Suplplementary procedures SP11.3) you can fly to airport that is not in the database. You need to enter a fix in the leg page (lat/long) with a speed/altitude contraint.

If you can do it in the real aircraft, then PMDG must have implemented it in their addon.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

39 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Hi,

I have never tested in the sim but according to the FCOM p193 (Suplplementary procedures SP11.3) you can fly to airport that is not in the database. You need to enter a fix in the leg page (lat/long) with a speed/altitude contraint.

If you can do it in the real aircraft, then PMDG must have implemented it in their addon.

The departure from an airport not in the DB is not implemented, is in the to do list, I am not sure for the arrival airport not in DB though.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Oups my bad sorry. Wrong assumption but with PMDG it was a reasonable assumption. :happy:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

In regards to departure from the airport not in the database: Wouldn’t you be able to select your destination airport as both the departure and destination, then fly direct to the arrival IP (so long as the destination isn’t too far). You would still get a descrepancy error.