Sign in to follow this  
davemurf

Purchase Question

Forgive me if this question has already been answered somewhere in the forums. Do you have to buy the 530 and the 430 separately if you want to have the flexibility to switch or run both at the same time stacked?  ($49 bucks for the 430 plus another $49 bucks for the 530?)  It is not clear in the purchase web page. The way the purchase links are organized it gives you a hint you have to buy both but nowhere does it actually say that -- especially given the picture showing both the 430 and 530 stacked (see "The Amazing Reality XP GNS 530/430 V2 In Action") and given that other vendors sell both for a single price. I plan to use X Plane 11 to enhance my real-world Instrument training and since I have a GNS 430 in my Piper Cherokee I would prefer to make the 430 my primary to more accurately reflect my real world environment.  Would be nice to have both though since the 530 is more advanced.  Just not sure it's worth shelling out $100.

Hi,

The Realty XP GNS V2 ships in two different products:

• 530 (includes GNS 530 and GPS 500)
  • 430 (includes GNS 430, GNC 420 and GPS 400)

Each of these include 2 devices of the same type (i.e. 2 x GNS430 when purchasing the 430 product). You might want to start with the GNS V2 430 then.

With the RXP products, you'll experience cross fill, HIDPI graphics, tons of settings to tailor the device to your aircraft and as importantly, a very friendly community of customers on the forums. You might also want to ask other customers advice? Unlike some other forums, we're proud of our products and there is nothing to hide: our forums are open to read and write to anyone, not just customers.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

10 hours ago, davemurf said:

I have a GNS 430 in my Piper Cherokee I would prefer to make the 430 my primary to more accurately reflect my real world environment. 

Dave,
I fly right seat with a couple of friends who have GNS units in panel. One with a 430. The other with a 530 over 430.  They are blown away at my knowledge and assistance with the GNS's during flight.  And most of my experience they have seen to date is from the original Reality XP GNS models.  Referred to now as the "legacy" versions.  The newer RXP v2 GNS gauges go to a higher level, based on a generally higher feature set implementation, as well as totally new capabilities Garmin released in March or April of 2017.  

Compared to the cost of the real GNS in your own Cherokee, the RXP GNS 430 for $50?  its a no-brainer. But watch out! If you have not updated your Cherokee's 430 this could cost you.....  Sim envy!

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere