Sign in to follow this  
EPICfan

problems reinstalling GNS 530

I bought the GNS 530 through F1. I am trying to reinstall using the wrapper. I have the keyfile and the password, but I am getting an error message (wrong password). I am wondering whether I have the correct installer. I tried to launch a ticket on the F1 website, but it is impossible (500 error). I was referred by F1 to this website. Can you help?

Kind regards,

Holger Tillmann

• Upvote 1

Holger TillmannSIM: FS9/2004 // FSX<p>CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 4x3.40GHz (for FSX OCed to 4.2), GPU: ASUS GTX 760 Direct CU II OC, GeForce® 9800 GTX +MB: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 Z87 DDR3RAM: Crucial 4GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 CL8 Ballistix Tactical

Hi Holger,

Obviously, should their server is currently down sending back a 500 error, there is nothing we can do either but wait it is back online. The entire e-commerce procurement is solely handled on their servers and we have no control/tools for this.

Once back online, you might want to just use the online 24H self-service page at their support website, to reset/request/change password and verify your purchase status/product id? 

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you. I used the automated service to get a fresh key etc. It did not work. The 500 Erorr persists, and I actually forgot when I tried to use their service, but I think it has been more than a week now, so I am wondering whether there is something wrong on my side. But all my browsers are TLS 1.3 enabled etc.

Best,

Holger

Holger TillmannSIM: FS9/2004 // FSX<p>CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 4x3.40GHz (for FSX OCed to 4.2), GPU: ASUS GTX 760 Direct CU II OC, GeForce® 9800 GTX +MB: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 Z87 DDR3RAM: Crucial 4GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 CL8 Ballistix Tactical

It is as peculiar as it is unfortunate their server is not responding to your system. Have you tried sending a regular email?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Do you mean an email to F1? They do not show their email address. I have received a private message from Jeff on Simforums saying:

"Reality-XP is aware of the issue. I would go to or http://www.avsim.com/forum/767-the-realityxp-support-forum/ to for further support help."

This is why I came here.

Kind of catch 22 situation!

They might be confusing the 'error 404' which displayed last week when running the RXP software installer. It was due to the new Garmin GTN Trainer v6.41.1 release and is now solved with our latest update which is compatible. 

However, the 'error 500' seems solely e-commerce wrapper related and we are not aware of this. The only e-commerce related error we know of so far is the one documented in this post:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/527326-f1-e-commerce-connection/

Jst to double check: Is this the link to the correct installer?

http://files.100megabyte.com/realityxp/rxpGNS2-530-FSIM.exe

The product in the order information reads like this: "RealityXP - Reality XP Garmin GNS 530 WAAS"

Itried from yet another PC, and I was able to open a ticket.

@EPICfan I've edited the post with the correct link for our latest GNS V2. Sorry for the delay.

I'm not sure it'd show 'WAAS' though, which is the denomination for our legacy GNS instead, but the URL is the correct one for the latest nevertheless.

Thank you, I was able to open a ticket using yet another computer.