Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

How to get more vibrant colors and less haze?

Is there anything I can do to get more vibrant colors and less of the grey haze effect that is going on in vanilla xp11? I heard about xenviro and reshade and stuff, but what exactly will give the best effect for least effort?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

There are several lua scripts that take care of the haze.   All of them seem to work pretty well, actually.  

You can also try Reshade. Here is a comparison of a scenery view with and without Reshade using subtle settings. You can boost contrast and saturation much more if you like.

Scenery view without/with Reshade:

scenery_reshade_offw9k8m.png scenery_reshade_onbyk99.png

On 2/9/2018 at 5:47 AM, Andreas Stangenes said:

Thanks guys :)

FsEnhancer

https://enricodelbono.wixsite.com/fsenhancer

It's PC only, unfortunately no MAC or Linux because of Reshade, but in my opinion it's the best lookinig package so far. For the haze, reduce the 'haze_be_gone' dataref with the DataRefEditor, it works with any visibilty, and scales automatically.

Susu986 - You mean "fog_be_gone" dataref setting, right? To me, LR has not implemented the fog / haze very well. It introduces a lot of banding effect and you can easily spot the "point of origin" of the banding effect. Just switch to a birds eye view of your aircraft under low light conditions. Then set "fog_be_gone" to 0.0 and you'll see the difference right away. Problem is XP11 then looks more like XP10 which we do not want... I wish LR would do a complete overhaul of the XP11 atmospheric environment, for example high resolution sky textures with better sky gradients and moving clouds... and of course no banding effect for starters...

• Upvote 1

On 2/10/2018 at 6:36 PM, Susu986 said:

FsEnhancer

https://enricodelbono.wixsite.com/fsenhancer

It's PC only, unfortunately no MAC or Linux because of Reshade, but in my opinion it's the best lookinig package so far. For the haze, reduce the 'haze_be_gone' dataref with the DataRefEditor, it works with any visibilty, and scales automatically.

I checked this one out yesterday but wasn't sure which file to download. There are three of them and not very clear which one to get to have the latest and greatest version.

Any hints appreciated!

Richard Åsberg

On 2/20/2018 at 5:55 PM, WebMaximus said:

I checked this one out yesterday but wasn't sure which file to download. There are three of them and not very clear which one to get to have the latest and greatest version.

Any hints appreciated!

Maximus if recall correctly you only need the beta2 files, but I can check later when got home!

• Upvote 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

31 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

Maximus if recall correctly you only need the beta2 files, but I can check later when got home!

That's kind of you but I think I'm good because I already downloaded the beta 2 file which seems complete.

Haven't had the time to test it yet though and at this point I'm not even sure if I'll end up using this package or TheUltimate mod. What scares me off a bit with this one is you're recommended to use Reshade for best effect and I'm not a fan of post-processing stuff.

Richard Åsberg

1 hour ago, WebMaximus said:

That's kind of you but I think I'm good because I already downloaded the beta 2 file which seems complete.

Haven't had the time to test it yet though and at this point I'm not even sure if I'll end up using this package or TheUltimate mod. What scares me off a bit with this one is you're recommended to use Reshade for best effect and I'm not a fan of post-processing stuff.

i understand that, i tried both and my personal choice goes to fsenhancer, the light is stunning, but yes, using reshade with all the annoying problem of x-plane crashing when you close it. I ended up removing it because i was getting a lot of flickering in the clouds and in certain angles they simple disappear.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

19 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

i understand that, i tried both and my personal choice goes to fsenhancer, the light is stunning, but yes, using reshade with all the annoying problem of x-plane crashing when you close it. I ended up removing it because i was getting a lot of flickering in the clouds and in certain angles they simple disappear.

Never easy to be fully satisfied in this business I guess :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg