Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

You guys were right

All year I gritted my teeth in stubborn determination to avoid following the crowd to P3DV4 after investing so much in FSX until I could fool myself no more.  I had to get it and it is stunning to fly a PMDG QOTSII into FSDT KMEM with smooth frames, taxi to parking and shutting down with no OOM. Lighting is beautiful and scenery stunning with ORBYX Global. I repurchased the NGX and QOTSII and guess I'm going to have to grit and repurchase the T7. It's worth it to me but I will have to allow the wife to counter spend on something else for the house.

Oh well. I heard someone say once, "If you don't spend it your heirs will". 

• Upvote 12

Vic green

Welcome to the club.  I never doubted you'd be blown away by the difference.

And its a thrill to watch the resource monitor slip way past that 4gb vas mark and p3dv4 happily chugs away....giving you better performace than you ever expected.

I truly feel sorry for all those still holding on to a 32bit sim for the unfortunate reasons they list. 

As you see now...they have no idea what they are missing out on.

P3dv4 has completely reinvigorated my passion for flight and simming....of course a new 8700k and TitanX help a little too...lol

• Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

And there's more to come in the V4.x series for 2018 so stay tuned for the long haul.

Cheers, Rob.

1 minute ago, Rob Ainscough said:

And there's more to come in the V4.x series for 2018 so stay tuned for the long haul.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, your such a tease.:laugh:

• Upvote 3

Eric 

Took me a while to realize the grass is definitely greener on the P3D side.  But I do not regret the decision.  

• Upvote 2

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

28 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

Please ask them LM to stop at last!!

It works great and no need to break all the add-ons again, no, not again.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

P3dv4 has completely reinvigorated my passion for flight and simming....of course a new 8700k and TitanX help a little too...lol

I remember you from the old days.  It's good to see the same people around.  Anyway, after simming from 1986 to 2009, I was out of flight simming from 2010-2017.   

I come back, and....BAM!....all of these things that were "impossible"  in 2009 (like smoothness, moving weather radar, 3D terrain gauges, cloud decks and shadows, etc.) are suddenly all here.

For those of you who've been around 2010-2017, when did flight simming get this awesome? 

• Upvote 3

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I switched  over to P3Dv4 a while back.  I never ran FSX SE again and finally deleted it.  I had to spend on ad-dons but it has been well worth it.  :biggrin:

Bill

• Upvote 2

Bill  N7IBG     

I switched early Nov. last year and have not looked back, never used FSX-SE again and is now all deleted from my PC. And that after

11 years with FSX.

Cheers

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

I was an FSX gritter also.  Welcome to the new Sim of frustration and joy.

Regards

bs

• Upvote 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

Hey Rob,

You wanna spill some beans about what is coming soon to V4.X for example some hints and what not LOL

Thanks

• Upvote 2

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I still have the best of both worlds. I picked up P3Dv4 recently when some unexpected cash came my way, and I had enough left over to pick up AS16 and ChasePlane also. Most of my GA aircraft are v4 compatible, but I'm keeping FSX:SE for my tubeliners, because I'm not ready throw out that kind of money again just yet. I'm also hanging on to it for those few GA aircraft that I love and can't migrate, like the DA Cheyenne.  FSX:SE is doing a good job of running even the dreaded FSLabs Airbus for me, so it's not quite the dark ages some people make it out to be.  So I now have P3Dv4 for the pretty external scenery (Orbx) and FSX:SE for the pretty internal scenery (airliner cockpits). I'm happy with both. In fact, I'm currently spending more time in FSX:SE on the Airbus.

• Upvote 1

@PATCO LCH

welcome

I use P3D primarily for the no OOM's ( I love eye candy) and it's better use of resources... though it is still CPU intensive 

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

50 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

I switched  over to P3Dv4 a while back.  I never ran FSX SE again and finally deleted it.  I had to spend on ad-dons but it has been well worth it.  :biggrin:

Bill

I have to keep FSX SE until QualityWings updates their 787 to P3Dv4, then it goes by, by unless I keep it just to fly the PMDG MD11 every now and then. I don't guess that will ever see P3Dv4.

2 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

All year I gritted my teeth in stubborn determination to avoid following the crowd to P3DV4 after investing so much in FSX until I could fool myself no more.  I had to get it and it is stunning to fly a PMDG QOTSII into FSDT KMEM with smooth frames, taxi to parking and shutting down with no OOM. Lighting is beautiful and scenery stunning with ORBYX Global. I repurchased the NGX and QOTSII and guess I'm going to have to grit and repurchase the T7. It's worth it to me but I will have to allow the wife to counter spend on something else for the house.

Oh well. I heard someone say once, "If you don't spend it your heirs will". 

You're getting in on P3Dv4 at a good time.  Most everything is compatible with it now.  When it first came out it was hard to find any addons that would work with it.

Many airports that you purchased for FSX can be updated to P3Dv4 for a good discount too.

• Upvote 1

P3D v4 is way ahead of FSX in visuals and in performance. I do miss the F1 Citation Mustang, PMDG JS4100, and Accufeel utility.

They are at least coming soon.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.