Sign in to follow this  

nVidia 2070, 2080 and 2080Ti

I like that, a "spicy rumor" ... my info definitely suggested a GV not a GA ... I wouldn't understand why nvidia would shift to 2xxx series if Ampere is just a Pascal refresh with DDR6 ... that seems more like a 1xxx type of GPU that would not warrant the start of a 2xxx series.

Either way, dates are not too far away ... couple months.

Cheers, Rob.

2 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Either way, dates are not too far away ... couple months.

Glad to see NVidia is pumping these new cards out as fast as they can.  There's such a long delay between releases and I always get bored when using the same card more than 2 or 3 months in a row... (tongue-in-cheek)  I suspect NVidia doesn't want anyone to forget their name! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Based on rumors it not likely you will see the high end cards till near the end of the year, but rumors will become hard facts in a couple of months.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I read on tweaktown that there is only an expectation of around 10-30% performance gain....not 132% maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

Either way, I wonder how much I can get for a 1080ti....

Edited by ahsmatt7
Found my source of info

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Right now you would get a good price for a 1080ti however by the time the replacement card is released near the end of the year, if the bit coin bubble has burst before hand peanuts!. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

20 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I read on tweaktown that there is only an expectation of around 10-30% performance gain....not 132% maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

I've also read a 20-30% improvement. 132% would be well over double the performance of existing cards which sounds highly unlikely.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

It all depends on the wording and context. A 30% increase is the same as 130% of a current value.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

There's no way they would double the power in one refresh. Makes no sense from economical standpoint.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

20 hours ago, Ted Striker said:

It all depends on the wording and context. A 30% increase is the same as 130% of a current value.

Ted

http://percentages.calculators.ro/22-number-increased-with-percentage-of-its-value.php?number=100&percentage_increase=130&new_value=276

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

nVidia has suddenly become the master at fooling outsiders as to release dates and specs. In the past, by now, someone in the Far East would have gotten their hands on an engineering sample of the next gen card.  Bitcoin mining must be so lucrative for both miners and nVIdia that they've kept this series under wraps. We don't even know yet if it's called Volta, Turing or Ampere. Or maybe all three.

It's just a name ... but good to see another release date suggesting March.  Even if the new GPU is only 25-30% better than my current TitanXP, that's enough for me to dump the TitanXP and go with the latest and greatest with go faster stripes.  I think the HBM2 or more likely HBM3 variants will eventually make it late this year but it seems DDR6 is "good enough" for now.

Cheers, Rob.

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:15 AM, rjfry said:

Based on rumors it not likely you will see the high end cards till near the end of the year, but rumors will become hard facts in a couple of months.

Those cards are only for BitMiners, some of us lucky gamers might get one at the 200% markup once supply has dwindled.

Michael Lagow
Madness Software