Sign in to follow this  
CP Air

Autopilot in NAV mode won't track a GPS course

1 hour ago, nightxpress said:

Fails exactly the same way with the original database. I will try to reinstall. Maybe the problem is somewhere on my side. I works for others....

Believe you meant to say It works for others?  That is actually the basis for my earlier post.  Is there anyone who is not experiencing the issue. Not sure I have seen anyone affirm that.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Believe you meant to say It works for others?  That is actually the basis for my earlier post.  Is there anyone who is not experiencing the issue. Not sure I have seen anyone affirm that.

Hi Frank,

I was not precise enough with the term "It worked for others". In fact Bert just updated and has the same problem. For now it seems it is  a problem with the newest Version (Version 2.3.9.0) until somebody could confirm otherwise.

@all : Please post if Version 2.3.9.0 works. Q: AP in GPS Mode (flying RNP/GPS procedures on Autopilot) works or for you or not?

Yesterday, I flew the A2A PA24 w/ RXP V2 G430 2.3.9 and no AP-GPS problem in NAV. However, a few minutes ago while performing a test with Carenado PA31-310 w/ RXP V2 G530, AP did follow GPS in NAV. 

I can do another test in the Comanche. 

5 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

Yesterday, I flew the A2A PA24 w/ RXP V2 G430 2.3.9 and no AP-GPS problem in NAV. However, a few minutes ago while performing a test with Carenado PA31-310 w/ RXP V2 G530, AP did follow GPS in NAV. 

I can do another test in the Comanche. 

Thank you. Then its not everyone. Hmmm. (Will continue testing too)

24 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Thanks Bert, as always.

Stay on your older release!

Bert

42 minutes ago, nightxpress said:

Thank you. Then its not everyone. Hmmm. (Will continue testing too)

Tried it in my Baytower RV7, RealAir Duke, and Carenado T210..

They all used to work - no more after this update..

Bert

40 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Tried it in my Baytower RV7, RealAir Duke, and Carenado T210..

They all used to work - no more after this update..

I had same issue of AP not tracking GPS course with 2.3.9 in P3D 4.1. Rolled back to 2.3.8 and is working. Haven't tested in P3D 4.2.

5 minutes ago, bills511 said:

I had same issue of AP not tracking GPS course with 2.3.9 in P3D 4.1. Rolled back to 2.3.8 and is working. Haven't tested in P3D 4.2.

For others, how did you roll back?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just now, fppilot said:

For others, how did you roll back?

I have a habit of saving previous versions setups just in case.

1 minute ago, bills511 said:

I have a habit of saving previous versions setups just in case.

I do as well but have not so far had to attempt to revert. I note they have the same consistent filename and the filedate is different.  So when it goes through the F1 wrapper, with the same filename,  how does it distinguish?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Just now, fppilot said:

I do as well but have not so far had to attempt to revert. I note they have the same consistent filename and the filedate is different.  So when it goes through the F1 wrapper, with the same filename,  how does it distinguish?

I uninstalled 2.3.9 through windows control panel uninstall programs. Make sure to delete the GNS files in C:\ProgramData\Reality XP.

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Hold onto your V2.3.8. installer (for now)..  :happy:

No problem. I have the last 4 previous versions. Guess I'm too lazy to delete.

Check your recycle bins for the filename(s).  If you have  not emptied it since mid December the previous update should be there, dated 12/20/2017 plus of minus a day or two.

Frank Patton
ASUS