Sign in to follow this  
CP Air

Autopilot in NAV mode won't track a GPS course

It now has been 2 weeks since this thread was started. On the website it has the hours of support which really hasn't been the case! Seems like there is no tech support. Haven't heard from RXP in a while. Call this Tech support??????  Not a very satisfied customer here!!!!!!!

Hi and sorry for the delay, we've just released v2.3.10 which fixes A/P coupling.

Otherwise for the rest of the messages in this discussion:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello,

So I got the RealityXP GNS530 v2 software working on my "newer" fs Windows 7 system.  I read through the documentation and see that there are options to set power modes, such as off, on etc.  I cannot find that menu where you configure that, I am hoping to link the unit to my hardware buttons so that I can power it on and off like the real unit.  Instead it only turns on and off with the avionics master switch.

Another issue I'm seeing is that the hold clear (CLR) function doesn't seem to reset to default nav, pressing clear works but there doesn't seem to be a cfg line for holding it.  The RNS530 hardware configures this as two separate functions (key presses), but I'm not sure how to assign that in the RXP.ini.

Thank you for your time.

I just installed RXP GNS v2 and I'm having this problem.  Here's the background:

Clean system install, W7 64 bit (fully updated), FS9.1 run as amin, run as Win XP compatible sp3, large address aware.  I initially installed the software, went for my first flight and it was working.  I got about 3/4 the way to my destination (8hr total flight time, I was saving it lots because my experience is that fs always crashes and I didn't want to restart this flight over), I was playing with different items in the cockpit when all of a sudden it was starting to freeze; I had a recent save so I wasn't worried, however it was almost like it was still working so for about 20 minutes I was trying to see if I could get it fixed.  I was flying on VATSIM via Swift, I could not recover the system.  I quit to desktop and then restated everything.

From the saved position everything loaded fine, was back online, everything good.  Except however, the RXP gps software no longer connected with the autopilot. I had to continue the flight via heading bug following the gps track for 2 hours or so.  I was fighting with configurations and such since trying to get everything sorted, I did not know how to access the menu so I was trying to write the aircraft .ini files manually, mine were mostly empty and didn't have all the info; I could not find these resources online easily and there are only a few listed in the manual/ documentation. 

Finally a couple days ago I figured out how to get the menu up and was hoping that would fix everything.  It did not.  I toggled Modes and deleted and created new files, nothing worked.  Finally today I completely uninstalled and deleted ALL of the RXP files.  Restarted the computer and reinstalled the RXP software.  Even though this is new software I checked for updates, there are none.  Install was successful with no errors.  The default gps/autopilot work but this one does not. 

I copied the exact way I did things when I first installed it and worked; didn't open up or change the menu hoping it would initially work again, but it did not.  Went into the menu and adjusted the settings (Master off - close - Master on, gps drives ap etc) nothing has fixed this. 

ALSO: Since I was changing the settings and selected all the gps drives HSI/VOR/OBS etc now my keystrokes for adjusting my compass does not work; so I can't fly with Autopilot on gps, AND I can no longer correct for wind drift!  If this was a real airplane I would be screwed. lol

I'm truly hoping you have a fix for me; please and thank you!

Much appreciated. 

I realize everyone is busy, but it's been a few days or more and I haven't received any replies.  I have some problems with my new RXP GNS530 v2 software, if I could get responses to my problems I would appreciate it. 

Thank you. 

You have quite difficult questions to answer.. my guess is that no one here has a good answer for you.. I know a thing or two about rxp gns software, having used it for many years, but I do not believe I can help.. sorry!

Bert

Hi,

Please make sure to review the User's Manual p5 for the first question.

As for the CLR "hold" function, the GNS can intercept the stock/default simulator GPS commands, which can be configured for press/release, press only, release only, for GPS unit1 or GPS unit2. It is all documented in the User's manual as well, p19.

NB: there has been a recent discussion about these and the GTN lately, which might help you out too:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/614839-using-gtn750-units-1-and-2-with-a-air-manger-diy-knobster/?do=findComment&comment=4725963

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thank you kindly, I did actually stumble onto the detailed configuration menu... purely by accident.

However I'm still struggling with getting the software working.

Completely perplexed... I don't see why there's no way it won't control the AP, also, is there no method for troubleshooting this problem or logging events behind the scenes... is it a problem with fsuipc?!?!  There must be something I can do to solve this problem!

ugh.

I'm going to try and get to the bottom of this... maybe there's some configuration somewhere that is mixed up.  I would really appreciate if the developer could help me solve this.  They probably know this setup better than anyone could possibly. 

Thank you for your acknowledgement. 

@Iceking007

Hi, this is a very long post and I thank you for all the details.

First of all, in case of problem, the first place to look at is the RXP log files (see RXP User's Manual for file/path). There is no particular reason the autopilot link doesn't work unless: you've not selected the GNS option to link the autopilot (obviously), or you're not running a compatible flight simulator version (which would show in the log files).

As for the keyboard shortcuts, I don't know what FS commands you're using but the link HSI, VOR, OBS are not "actively" overriding anything except the needles/flags. Only when the DTK changes and you're also linking the course, then the HSI course will auto-slew during a few seconds before being free again. I'd suspect something else interfering with the shortcuts there.

Edited by RXP