Sign in to follow this  
woodbe

Windows 10 and FSX

The latest W10 update crashed my system big time requiring a clean install..... yes that's right, start from scratch with backups and apps.  and because the latest update is a big stepup for W10, there is no roll back.

So the problem I have is, when FSX is installed and I put in my Product key everything is fine. Then when I install the Acceleration disc, the wheels fall off of the cart.  I get this product activation error and FSX loads in demo mode.   Have fun for 30 minutes then pack it in.  

a.  has anybody else experienced this ?

b. any known cure ? 

Thanks

John 

Hello.

No, it's not a new problem,

this fix is still valid for Windows 10.

You must spell PartMgr exactly as you see here

1. In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then OK. 
In Windows Vista, click Startthe Start button, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit.exe in the Programs list. 
User Access Control permission If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow. 
2. Expand the following registry key: 
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} 
3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side. 
4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr, and then click OK. (mine said CLEANBOOT on one line and partmgr on the next, just remove one line leaving PartMgr as the value) 
5. Close Registry Editor, and then try to use the activation wizard. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, woodbe said:

The latest W10 update crashed my system big time requiring a clean install..... yes that's right, start from scratch with backups and apps.  and because the latest update is a big stepup for W10, there is no roll back.

Just for information, when you say the latest update are you referring to the Fall Creators Update? If so, there should have been no problem rolling it back (as long as it wasn't installed for more than 10 days). I'm not aware of any big updates since that one.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Went through the regedit process.  partmgr was already there and the only thing there.  

any other ideas?

From what I understand with this fix is that it is Case Sensitive, and partmgr needs to be PartMgr, note capitals.

I'll give it a shot.   Tried going through to Microsoft on this one to see if we could somehow phone validate....NFI! 

You got it!! case sensitive on the capital M.  Came up asking for activation code for acceleration. 

Brilliant thank you.  

Good news.

Is this: 

You must spell PartMgr exactly as you see here

difficult to understand?