Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Excellent FACT Cape Town scenery for P3Dv4

On 2/8/2018 at 8:08 PM, Peter Webber said:

Totally agree..I have all NMG airports installed and it's the best we have for now....far better than default...FAOR has just been updated for P3D v4..

Regards from FACT!

Hi Peter, I recently (as in during the week) pulled the trigger on P3Dv4 as well, so this is the news I ahve been waiting for!   Thanks!

Better than nothing. I don't understand how nobody makes scenarios in this part of the world.

Thank you, Richard.

PS: I will buy FAOR, FACT, FAPE and FADN.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

1 hour ago, otreblA said:

Better than nothing. I don't understand how nobody makes scenarios in this part of the world.

Thank you, Richard.

PS: I will buy FAOR, FACT, FAPE and FADN.

Don't forget FALE & FALA!

• Upvote 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Luckily there‘s enough space to interpret excellence and fun...

I'm from South Africa and we are always on the end of things - the forgotten country when it comes to Flight Sims.  We have some decent FREE FSX scenery from Aerworx, the mesh and all. Somewhere I have dowloaded a descent FACT and the old FAJS (FAOT) and I initially developed the FALE (King Shaka) airport and due to work pressure handed over to someone else who made an excellent job of the scenery especially the terminal buildings.  With this said, NMG is only OK but quite expensive.  Unfortunately if you look at the fine design detail you'll realize it was hasty jobs, especially looking at the small airports .Someone mentioned AFCAD and I agree, but not all. Kruger National is an excelent job and so are a few other.  BUT, I will not purchase anymore NMG scenery due to these facts mentioned. I have moved on to X-Plane, have plenty of time on hand and is currently indulging into scenery design again - which seems to be a breeze - have all the tools and 10% knowledge. So all in all, NMG is in the middle if it comes to quality, but high-end when it comes to price.  There is a lot of decent free FSX scenery on AVSIM, unfortunatly I do not know of PD3/4.

Richard's statement is 100% OK.  With the default FSX scenery which depicts Cape Town region as a nearly arid landscape and a hill for the iconic Table Mountain, NMG's Cape Town scenery was made in heaven. My 2 cents.

Edited by pierrecor
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, pierrecor said:

I'm from South Africa and we are always on the end of things - the forgotten country when it comes to Flight Sims.  We have some decent FREE FSX scenery from Aerworx, the mesh and all. Somewhere I have dowloaded a descent FACT and the old FAJS (FAOT) and I initially developed the FALE (King Shaka) airport and due to work pressure handed over to someone else who made an excellent job of the scenery especially the terminal buildings.  With this said, NMG is only OK but quite expensive.  Unfortunately if you look at the fine design detail you'll realize it was hasty jobs, especially looking at the small airports .Someone mentioned AFCAD and I agree, but not all. Kruger National is an excelent job and so are a few other.  BUT, I will not purchase anymore NMG scenery due to these facts mentioned. I have moved on to X-Plane, have plenty of time on hand and is currently indulging into scenery design again - which seems to be a breeze - have all the tools and 10% knowledge. So all in all, NMG is in the middle if it comes to quality, but high-end when it comes to price.  There is a lot of decent free FSX scenery on AVSIM, unfortunatly I do not know of PD3/4.

Richard's statement is 100% OK.  With the default FSX scenery which depicts Cape Town region as a nearly arid landscape and a hill for the iconic Table Mountain, NMG's Cape Town scenery was made in heaven. My 2 cents.

I have posted in many forums the lack of support for our area but it is quite understandable...Developers may soon realise there's a huge "untapped' market for Africa. I heard ORBX will be releasing their LC product this year..Check on "Hangar Chat". I tried to get our flag added to the "Avsim Front Page". Take a guess the response I received.......

Edited by Peter Webber

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Hi Peter,

I understand that a big part of the problem is the South African Government not allowing any access whatsoever to the airports. Not getting detailed info and photos has gotta hurt.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

9 minutes ago, skyymann said:

Hi Peter,

I understand that a big part of the problem is the South African Government not allowing any access whatsoever to the airports. Not getting detailed info and photos has gotta hurt.

Scott

Unless of course you have the surname "Gupta"! :wink:

Peter Webber

20 minutes ago, skyymann said:

That is probably correct. A few months ago, Aerosoft stopped the development of FAOR because they did not get access to the airport, see

https://fselite.net/news/aerosoft-cancels-mega-airport-johannesburg/

Peter

"Unless of course you have the surname "Gupta"! "    :biggrin: Lekker

• Like 1

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

NMG scenery is 'plausible' by today's standards, but it is nowhere near the ballpark of 'excellent'.

It seems we will never agree on what is cheap, expensive, excellent or average!

NMG charges roughly R250 for an airport ( roughly $14)  FlyTampa is around $25-30. (about R450-550)  so how is that expensive?

Half the detail for half the price.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

FSDG released FACT finally a couple of days ago. This destination is stunning! 

Although I have been a relatively happy user of the NMG FACT scenery, times have moved on.

I am now looking to switch to the better FSDG FACT scenery😏

• Like 2

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx