Sign in to follow this  
EasyE

Consistant CTD after long hauls

Good day. I'm suffering from an issue that may be related to others that are having CTD's, or maybe not. I'm just not sure because my Event Viewer and AppCrashView both show zero errors after the crash.

On two attempts to fly from PHNL to RPLL the 777 crashed approx. 80-100 miles from TOD. I thought, maybe its a navdata issue.

Then I attempted a flight from RKSI back to PHNL (FSDT) and this time I was 2500' AGL, on the LOC about to capture the GS and again, the sim just blanked out with no error whatsoever.

I have not changed the setting in the FMC for the PFD popup, all drivers are up to date, NavData is up to date.

I'm running FTX Global, FTX Vector, ASP3Dv4, REX TD, UT Live, P3Dv4.1

My specs: ASUS Maximus VI MOBO, i4770K(no OC), GTX 980 GPU(no OC), 12 gigs of RAM, Win 7 Home Premium (fully updated)

I realize its next to impossible to track down something with no evidence to go by, but if anyone has some idea of what is causing this I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I'm running FTX Global, FTX Vector, ASP3Dv4, REX TD, UT Live, P3Dv4.1

This can be a lot. Have a look through the CTD Guide in the manual.

Kyle Rodgers

7 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

This can be a lot. Have a look through the CTD Guide in the manual.

Thanks Scandinavian13, but I also have the 747QOTSII, the NGX, BB A330-340, TFDi 717 and other high end payware aircraft and none of them give me any issues at all. I do constant 10-13 hour flights in the 747 and A330-340 into high end payware airports and the flights are butter smooth. 

My sim settings in v4.1 are on the medium end with almost all settings at normal. I don't try to push for higher settings because I prefer a smooth sim vs maximum eyecandy.

My UT live settings are at 80% density for airlines, 50% for GA with only 50 aircraft in the limitations settings.

I have both tertiary and secondary roads off in Vector, my autogen distance set to medium, my LOD is on high, but as I said, all other settings are at Normal.

I have zero tweaks in my P3D cfg as well.

I've just completed a reinstall of the 777 with a reboot after. Its just frustrating that this is the only AC giving me issue. And not getting any type of error message to go by makes it even more frustrating. I'd give anything for an ntl.dll error right now. At least I know how to fix that, lol.

I'll try another flight to test the reinstall. Perhaps it was just a faulty install? Here's hoping.....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EasyE said:

I've just completed a reinstall of the 777 with a reboot after. Its just frustrating that this is the only AC giving me issue. And not getting any type of error message to go by makes it even more frustrating. I'd give anything for an ntl.dll error right now. At least I know how to fix that, lol.

Does the OC report the latest version of the 777, or are you running an older version?

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Does the OC report the latest version of the 777, or are you running an older version?

The OC reports version 1.10.8448 for both the 777-200 and the 300 expansion. States "your product is up to date". (I bought it about 2-3 weeks ago)

Out of curiosity, have you tried disabling UTLive and flying that PHNL to RPLL flight?  This would rule out any faults with AI textures, etc.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

8 minutes ago, beechcaptain said:

Out of curiosity, have you tried disabling UTLive and flying that PHNL to RPLL flight?  This would rule out any faults with AI textures, etc.

That was my next thought beechcaptain. However, since I flew into PHNL just the other day onto the same STAR and same runway from NZAA in the PMDG QOTSII, that would rule that out, I think?

1 hour ago, EasyE said:

That was my next thought beechcaptain. However, since I flew into PHNL just the other day onto the same STAR and same runway from NZAA in the PMDG QOTSII, that would rule that out, I think?

You'd think that was logical but software is much more complicated.  You ran two trials but they were not controlled to ensure all variables except the controlled variable were consistent.  That you are not getting a OS generated event report may indicate that the error is occurring such that the error trapping features of run time libraries and the OS are not aware of the event.  This would point me to something pretty low level like video processing so the AI texture issue might be one to rule out.  I've had one of these unreported events lately and it was related to shifting between full screen and windowed mode and was not repeatable.  Your problem is recurring at different places and flight segments.  I've no idea what REX is doing for you but  problems with ASP4 and Vector are usually not of this type.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

15 minutes ago, downscc said:

You'd think that was logical but software is much more complicated.  You ran two trials but they were not controlled to ensure all variables except the controlled variable were consistent.  That you are not getting a OS generated event report may indicate that the error is occurring such that the error trapping features of run time libraries and the OS are not aware of the event.  This would point me to something pretty low level like video processing so the AI texture issue might be one to rule out.  I've had one of these unreported events lately and it was related to shifting between full screen and windowed mode and was not repeatable.  Your problem is recurring at different places and flight segments.  I've no idea what REX is doing for you but  problems with ASP4 and Vector are usually not of this type.

Ah, I see. And it's possible that with the FedEx and UPS add-on schedules I have for UT Live may be causing a problem. 

Perhaps in my 747 flight into PHNL it wasn't trying to spawn the corrupted AI texture whereas in the 777 flight it was. Different times of day, so, different AI are being spawned. I hope that makes sense?

I will redo the flight in question using the exact parameters as before except with UT Live disabled. I'll report back in about 11 hours, lol.

Thanks to everyone for your quick and helpful suggestions. I'll let you know my results.

Just an update. I loaded the same identical flight that I did the day before, same time, same route, same approach, etc.

This time as soon as the sim loaded I shut down the UT Live client via Task Manager and then proceeded with the flight.

I'm happy to report that the flight was uneventful and I landed successfully at PHNL after approx. a 10 hour flight. So it appears that it was indeed a corrupt texture in UT Live and I strongly suspect it was one of the FedEx models I installed a couple of weeks ago.

I have removed the FedEx schedules and aircraft and will of course perform further testing to be sure, but I'm cautiously positive that the issue is fixed,

I sincerely thank you gentlemen for pointing me in the right direction and for all your help.

• Upvote 2