Sign in to follow this  
dougfir

No Flight Plan Import Button (resolved)

3 hours ago, snpower said:

LOL. $%&!

Working now? 

TFTGOGGI (there for the grace of God go I)

We've all had something like that happen to us, on multiple occasions.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Having issues detecting the 'import' button in XP11 but not in FSX. FSX is fine. I create the plan, and it appears, with all functions working fine. For XP11 though I cannot figure out what is causing it despite previous replies on this topic. The XP11 version functions fine, just no visible import button where it should be in the catalogue. I've tried to create the shortcut to documents, however that doesn't appear to be working. 

I'm guaranteeing I'm not doing something correctly, but from cannot identify what it is.

My XP 11 install is on the e: drive, where the c : is the main root. Despite this I've tried to install the GTN 750 on both C and E. Similarly I've tried the shortcut to documents option from both C and E drives, but no luck.

HI, I'm not sure installing the trainer in two different locations is helping anything, unless you explicitly tell the plugin, or the gauge depending, where to locate it. There is a mechanism for this documented in the user's manual via environment variables.

Nevetheless you might want to reconsider installing a single trainer instance because there is no need for any more than 1. Then once settled, it might proove easier to find a solution.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 10/16/2018 at 10:15 AM, fppilot said:

Working now? 

TFTGOGGI (there for the grace of God go I)

We've all had something like that happen to us, on multiple occasions.

It is working like a charm, so glad I revisited the issue after months of not trying. Also, my ego has almost recovered, as well 😉

• Like 1

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

13 hours ago, RXP said:

HI, I'm not sure installing the trainer in two different locations is helping anything, unless you explicitly tell the plugin, or the gauge depending, where to locate it. There is a mechanism for this documented in the user's manual via environment variables.

Nevetheless you might want to reconsider installing a single trainer instance because there is no need for any more than 1. Then once settled, it might proove easier to find a solution.

My apologies for the confusion; I didn't have it running out of two locations at the same time, more I tried installing it for XP11 in C and then E. I'm going to completely remove all FSX and XP11 GPS, then try a clean install of just XP11. Should this work I'll then install the FSX version. It may well be that I've got the two crossed over.

The easiest should be this:

1) install the trainer once and only once everywhere you want. Safer in default location, but otherwise with our v2.5.7 you shouldn't have any problem if on another drive, it should detect it. Otherwise, you may still use the environment variables to override auto-detection and point to other folders.

NB: installing is different than installing+moving the installed files. If moved there is no way to auto-detect where they are, whereas if installed the trainer installer leaves traces where-to (at least for the purpose of uninstalling).

2) install the RXP GTN wherever you've installed the simulators. For X-Plane, the plugin gets copied into the XPlane folder tree and moves along with it, like any other XPlane module. For Prepar3d, the gauges and modules gets installed in a known and safe location which gets dynamically references via the 'add-on' XML file purposedly, for FS it requires the gauge file and module to be copied into the FS folder tree and our installer takes care of it.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Sorted. Uninstalled everything to avoid confusion, reinstalled. Positioned the FPLN folder as shown in a previous post and thankfully all is visible. Thanks for the assist.

• Upvote 1

There is a major problem with RXP GTN750.  (I use X Plane 11 in Windows 10 64 bit).  Hundreds, if not thousands cannot get the Import Button to appear in order to import a flight plan (gfp format).  It took me weeks to find the problem.  When GTN750 installed, although there is a ProgramData folder already on the C drive, the installation created another ProgramData folder on my E Drive.  The GTN750 is looking for flight plans in that folder.  Save your gfp flight plans in this second Program Data folder and the GTN750 will find them.  Another mistake in the manual - make sure you put the flight plans in Drive letter/ProgramData/Garmin/Trainers/Databases/FPLN.   NOT the Trainers/GTN folder.  That is wrong, for X Plane 11 at least.  You can check where GTN750 is looking for the flight plans in the registry.

Run REGEDIT.  Go to:    HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Garmin\Trainers.    It will show you all of the Data Paths that GTN750 is looking for.

This should sort out all your problems, hopefully.  It sorted mine after many, many days of toiling.   Having said that,  RXP GTN750 is a really great piece of kit.  Hope this helps.

Put your FPLN where you installed the Garmin Trainer.  For example, I installed it to D:\Garmin  So for Fsx to see it, I had to put my FPLN files inside the following folder:  D:\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN

Hope this helps someone

Just got the latest GTN750 from RXP for XPlane. 

Imported flight plan from Littlenavmap. Origin and departure airports show correctly, all waypoints in between show as userwayoinnts (USR001, USR002 and so on) rather than proper ones. Altitudes and headings between the waypoints are missing. Did I miss a step? Thnx.

Edited by YYZ342