Sign in to follow this  
SilverGoose

747 Queen of the sky question

I got an old system that most likely won't be able run the 747 queen of the II, and plus the plane is way too complex for me, that's why I was wondering if I could still buy the version before it, the least I can do is ask, a bit of long shoot and thanks for your help in advanced.

Nel Rose.

8 minutes ago, SilverGoose said:

I could still buy the version before

You mean the 747v2, or the Queen of the Skies 1? If so then I don’t think so, but you may be able to find a boxed copy somewhere. It should be noted that if you do find a boxed copy, it cannot be from anyone but an addon distributor like Aerosoft or Simmarket due to the EULA.

2 hours ago, SilverGoose said:

I got an old system that most likely won't be able run the 747 queen of the II, and plus the plane is way too complex for me, that's why I was wondering if I could still buy the version before it, the least I can do is ask, a bit of long shoot and thanks for your help in advanced.

Nel Rose.

If I were you and you have concerns about performance, I wouldn’t waste the money on the old version since the new version performs better. However if you can find a boxed copy of the old version it will surely be less expensive than the new one. It’s actually not that hard of an airplane to learn if you take your time and do the tutorials.

Sean Campbell 

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the feed back, this are my specs by the way, intel i2700k, gtx580, 16g memory, win 7 and I run fspassenger I hope that's not a problem, If my rig is good enough for QOTS2 for sure I'll consider, still a bit of leap from the default that only has like three working bottons lol, but I just love that airplane.

Nel Rose 

33 minutes ago, SilverGoose said:

Thanks for the feed back, this are my specs by the way, intel i2700k, gtx580, 16g memory, win 7 and I run fspassenger I hope that's not a problem, If my rig is good enough for QOTS2 for sure I'll consider, still a bit of leap from the default that only has like three working bottons lol, but I just love that airplane.

Nel Rose 

I run the QOTS2 on a 2700k, GTX 670, 8GB RAM,  and Win7 64 on FSX SP2, and have no issues with performance. I’m usually able to maintain around 25 to 30 FPS at large hubs with traffic and addon airports. I’m sure you’ll be fine with it.

Sean Campbell 

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

MOD NOTE: Please be sure to put your threads in the proper location.

I have moved this 747-related thread into the 747 sub.

Kyle Rodgers

The original boxed B744 QOTS was just as complicated to learn initially, especially if you want to operate it properly, so I wouldn't waste your money on it.

Why not take the plunge and get the latest PMDG QOTS version, ideally for P3Dv4?  Apart from the obvious draining effect on your wallet this will be far more future-proof and I am sure you won't regret upgrading your hardware and buying the latest PMDG B744.  Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer for their forthcoming B747-8 too!  

Your graphics card might be well worth upgrading if you want your Flight Sim software to run smoothly.  To get the most enjoyment out of the QOTS II you might also want to consider buying a flight yoke etc if you haven't got one already; such as the excellent CH or Logitech (formerly Saitek/Madcatz) products.  For example, the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke comes with a throttle quadrant and has several configurable switches which work well out of the box with Win7 and Win 10. They can be picked up quite cheaply on the Internet. 

Bertie Goddard 

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:53 PM, SilverGoose said:

Thank you for you reply, much helpful, and is the 747v2 btw, :)

I have not noticed any difference in complexity between the two B747 versions.  The most important difference is the new version flies much better and appears to be easier on computer resources.  

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam