Sign in to follow this  
rafikihd

P3d Wont Start

Hi Guys,
Im having this issue, apparently something corrupted my Scenery.cfg file, and now P3D wont start up. I know that a possible solution is to delete the .cfg file and let P3D build a new one, but the thing is I have way to many Sceneries, and it will be a mess to add them back again one by one.
Any other suggestions?
Thank you!

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

6 hours ago, rafikihd said:

apparently something corrupted my Scenery.cfg file, and now P3D wont start up

Hello rafikihd

Maybe your terrain.cfg file is corrupt ? 

You can confirm this by Clicking and dragging both the terrain.cfg and the scenery.cfg file out of ProgramData and onto your desktop and then launch Prepar3D and test.

If Prepar3D launch's successfully,  Then Delete the new generated terrain.cfg file in ProgramData and Move back your original terrain.cfg file and launch Prepar3D and test again

Is Prepar3D launching  now ?   If this is the case your scenery.cfg file is corrupt 

You could try this..........

Delete the new generated scenery.cfg file in ProgramData and Move back your original scenery.cfg file 

Then, Locate your last Add On Scenery you Installed in the scenery.cfg file and start there and work your way back

Change  Active=TRUE  To  Active=FALSE    The launch Prepar3D and test 

Change this.........

[Area.XXX]
Title=Bathymetry
Local=Scenery\Bathymetry
Layer=130
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

To this........

[Area.XXX]
Title=Bathymetry
Local=Scenery\Bathymetry
Layer=130
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE

Note:  It could also be just a scenery layering Issue,  Maybe you could Copy the contents of your scenery.cfg file and Post into your next reply 

15 hours ago, Poppet said:

Hello rafikihd

Maybe your terrain.cfg file is corrupt ? 

You can confirm this by Clicking and dragging both the terrain.cfg and the scenery.cfg file out of ProgramData and onto your desktop and then launch Prepar3D and test.

If Prepar3D launch's successfully,  Then Delete the new generated terrain.cfg file in ProgramData and Move back your original terrain.cfg file and launch Prepar3D and test again

Is Prepar3D launching  now ?   If this is the case your scenery.cfg file is corrupt 

You could try this..........

Delete the new generated scenery.cfg file in ProgramData and Move back your original scenery.cfg file 

Then, Locate your last Add On Scenery you Installed in the scenery.cfg file and start there and work your way back

Change  Active=TRUE  To  Active=FALSE    The launch Prepar3D and test 

Change this.........

To this........

Note:  It could also be just a scenery layering Issue,  Maybe you could Copy the contents of your scenery.cfg file and Post into your next reply 

Hi Poppet!

Thanks for the info and your advice! And sorry that it took me so long to answer back but just got back from work.

Anyways, I tried today to start, once again, P3D and magically it fired up without any problem (Not completely sure that the problem was fixed because literally I did nothing but start my PC and run P3D with the "damaged" files.)

Yesterday, when I had the problem that I couldn't start P3D I actually tried to move the "Damaged" scenery.cfg and P3d Fired up with out any trouble, but when P3D generated the new scenery.cfg file a window popped up saying that it could not find the following areas: Orlando, Kennedy Airspace Center, and Rockhampton area which are supposed to be located under P3D/Scenery/Cities, I actually looked into that folder but I couldn't find any scenery with those names.

Now other thing I must mention is that yesterday while having the issue I clicked on the "Delete Generated Files" file, (Right after watching your youtube video actually) but I was not completely confident of doing that and took back all the deleted files from the recycle bin back to their original position (I dont know if this could have messed up something else).

Also something really weird that happened to me after messing up with the scenery.cfg file is that I opened the scenery.cfg via de Lorby Addon Manager, but I dont know how it turned it into a mess, like now the addons in the addon.xml are scattered all around when they where usually at the top is it normal?

SIM: P3DV5.3 CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.0GHz GPU: GTX1060 6GB  OS: Windows 10 64Bits RAM: XPG DDR3 1600 16GB (2x 8GB) Display: Samsung LC27JG50QQLXZX 27´

Hi Guys,

I´ve been running with some issues where P3D wouldn´t start. Apparently it was a corrupted Scenery.cfg file, but couldn't find the exact culprit. Now, I clicked on the Delete Generated Files file and that brought P3D to a Default state. But my question is, will I have to reinstall everything again? Things like ORBX, FS Global and all of my sceneries that were on the Scenery.cfg file?

Thanks in Advance!

Topics merged together

Hello rafikihd

What Add Ons's do you have Installed ?   Utilities, Scenery's and Aircraft ? 

24 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Topics merged together

Hello rafikihd

What Add Ons's do you have Installed ?   Utilities, Scenery's and Aircraft ? 

Hi Poppet!

Tons of them, ORBX, FSGlobal, FSlabs, tFDI, PMDG, FlightBeam, FSDT, Aerosoft, etc, etc etc

Hello

Can you look in your Prepar3D v4 Add On's folder in Documents,  Can you see any Add On folders in this location ? 

Just now, Poppet said:

Hello

Can you look in your Prepar3D v4 Add On's folder in Documents,  Can you see any Add On folders in this location ? 

Yes, Some of them, but not all.

Also something that caught my attention was that when P3D created the new scenery.cfg file a window popped up saying that it couldnt find the following areas: Orlando, Kennedy Airspace Center, and Rockhampton area which are supposed to be located under P3D/Scenery/Cities, I actually looked into that folder but I couldn't find any scenery with those names.

Any Add On you see in this location is fine.  The Delete generated files command will not touch this location.

17 minutes ago, rafikihd said:

Orlando, Kennedy Airspace Center, and Rockhampton area which are supposed to be located under P3D/Scenery/Cities, I actually looked into that folder but I couldn't find any scenery with those names.

Lets start here.........

These files are default Prepar3D files,  Something has removed or corrupted them

Run a Repair on the Prepar3D Scenery componont, Navigate to the windows Control Panel, Right click Install_Scenery.msi and click Repair 

Then launch Prpear3D and test 

50 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Any Add On you see in this location is fine.  The Delete generated files command will not touch this location.

Lets start here.........

These files are default Prepar3D files,  Something has removed or corrupted them

Run a Repair on the Prepar3D Scenery componont, Navigate to the windows Control Panel, Right click Install_Scenery.msi and click Repair 

Then launch Prpear3D and test 

Hi Poppet!

Just Run a repair of the Scenery Component, as you suggested, unfortunately no changes were made, still missing those default sceneries

I am also getting the same exact thing. I deleted my Scenery.cfg to let P3D create a new one, but its missing those 3 scenerys, Rock Hampton, Kennedy Space Center and Orlando. Did you manage to fix the problem?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Guy's is there a fix for this issue as I too deleted my generated files and when the scenery.cfg was rebuilt it was missing the same sceneries, Rockhampton, Kennedy Space Centre, Orlando and Reno, their written in the cfg file but the folders in question are not in scenery\cities folder?? are they supposed to be in there? or have they just disappeared? a fix anyone.

Cheers Rod Lewis 

17 hours ago, captain420 said:

I am also getting the same exact thing. I deleted my Scenery.cfg to let P3D create a new one, but its missing those 3 scenerys, Rock Hampton, Kennedy Space Center and Orlando. Did you manage to fix the problem?

Hi Captain420,

I did fixed the problem, the thing was that I reinstalled everything from scratch including Windows!

So starting all over again was the fix for me!

Hopefully you can find a better and simpler solution!

Edited by rafikihd