Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=0.5004, 0.0, -0.55
InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

Thanks!

Hi,

Add "HotKeySelect=x" to the end of the list. x can be any number from 1-10 and by default it corresponds to the top row of numeric keys on your keyboard. Be aware though that 1-4 are already assigned to the default cameras (in cameras.cfg). 6-9 usually works best. You trigger them with CTRL & (0-9)

You can see those assignments in the "Controls" dialog in P3D, event category "Views",  named "View camera x", where you probably could assign other keys too.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

10 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

Add "HotKeySelect=x" to the end of the list. x can be any number from 1-10 and by default it corresponds to the top row of numeric keys on your keyboard. Be aware though that 1-4 are already assigned to the default cameras (in cameras.cfg). 6-9 usually works best. You trigger them with CTRL & (0-9)

You can see those assignments in the "Controls" dialog in P3D, event category "Views",  named "View camera x", where you probably could assign other keys too.

Best regards

CTRL + (0-9) doesn't do anything, but now my button on my

joy stick for virtual cockpit brings up the jumpseat view.

Here's the entry:

CameraDefinition.002]
Title = "Virtual Cockpit (Jumpseat)"
Guid = {BEC36D3A-1788-4D3F-9359-43A5593D34DD}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = False
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.70
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
InitialXyz=0.5004, 0.0, -0.55
InitialPbh=0, 0, 0
HotKeySelect=1

For whatever reason, in some simulator installs the hotkeys aren't pre-configured in C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls\Standard.xml and you have to add them manually. To edit this file you need Notepad++, the standard Windows editor won't cut it, because the file is encoded in UTF8 with BOM.

Look for entries like this one:

<Entry>
            <Key>F11</Key>
            <Down>VIEW_CAMERA_SELECT_3</Down>
        </Entry>

By copy&pasting this entry, you can assign <Key> values to camera views. VIEW_CAMERA_SELECT_x goes from 1-10 I think.

As a reminder:1-4 are already assigned to the standard views, you cannot use them unless you alter the cameras.cfg.

There probably is a proper way to do this, but that is how I do it - unless I use a camera addon.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

50 minutes ago, n99wb said:

Thanks. I'll give it a look see. . .

Example:

Lets assume that you are using "HotKeySelect=5" in the camera definition

Then you open the standard.xml with Notepad++, find one of the existing assignments like the one above, "<Down>VIEW_CAMERA_SELECT_3</Down>" then insert your new key (I am using Ctrl&5 here:

</Entry>
<Entry>
 <Key>F11</Key>
 <Down>VIEW_CAMERA_SELECT_3</Down>
 </Entry>   
<Entry>
<Key>CTRL+5</Key>
<Down>VIEW_CAMERA_SELECT_5</Down>
</Entry>

<Entry>

While you're at it, add the others too (6,7,8,9), then they will all show up in the P3D contols assignment dialog as described above. Maybe they are in that dialog from the beginning, just not assigned. I can't remember. Might be worth taking a look into the dialog before you start editing the cfg.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

16 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

Best regards

I use the added HotKeySelect feature also when I create custom views for FlyInside even external views by moving the InitialXyz position outside of the aircraft.

One thing to be aware of is that ChasePlane uses camera assignments 1, 5, 6 and 8. If you use any of these and launch ChasePlane it will comment them out in your aircraft.cfg file just like it comments out camera 1 in your camera.cfg file.

So when I assign HotKeySelect=n  I only use 0, 7 and 9 and assign those cameras in the P3D keyboard assignments section to whatever I desire  Also note that that camera 0  is coupled to HotKeySelect=10

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Example:

Lets assume that you are using "HotKeySelect=5" in the camera definition

Then you open the standard.xml with Notepad++, find one of the existing assignments like the one above, "<Down>VIEW_CAMERA_SELECT_3</Down>" then insert your new key (I am using Ctrl&5 here:

While you're at it, add the others too (6,7,8,9), then they will all show up in the P3D contols assignment dialog as described above. Maybe they are in that dialog from the beginning, just not assigned. I can't remember. Might be worth taking a look into the dialog before you start editing the cfg.

Best regards

OK, here is what I came up with after you clued me into the Cameras.cfg.

[CameraDefinition.002]
Title = "Virtual Cockpit (Jumpseat)"

HotKeySelect=2

This assigned my "cockpit" joystick button "jumpseat".

That's perfect because the 717 doesn't have 2D and my

VC joystick button has gone back to as it always was.

So right now, I'm happier than a

Colorado pot store owner.

Thanks!

Hy guys I'd like to use this feature to don't use anymore EZCA, I own V2. To be clear EzDok is a great software, I create my cameras in a second, it's very simple for me. But I think sometime it's a bit cpu intensive and btw it's an external app to the sim. I'd like to maintain sim simple and light with not too many app running around it.

So...is there a way to create my custom cameras for example 1st for Jumpseat, 2nd for throttle, 3rd for overhead and so on assign a key? I don't understand how to create a camera inside p3dv4 and fine tuning it, with EZCA it's simple and fast, but here? Many thanks for your help, very appreciated.

Edited by riccardo74

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

1 hour ago, riccardo74 said:

Hy guys I'd like to use this feature to don't use anymore EZCA, I own V2. To be clear EzDok is a great software, I create my cameras in a second, it's very simple for me. But I think sometime it's a bit cpu intensive and btw it's an external app to the sim. I'd like to maintain sim simple and light with not too many app running around it

Hi Riccardo-

I gave up EZCA for the same reasons.

Anyway, I'm using SimpleCam from AivlaSoft (along with their great EFB) in the A2A Cherokee which is my current flavor of the month. 

Ten bucks I think.Free trial.  Works perfect for me and no system hit.

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by newtie
sp

Thanks Mark, I was just inquiring about SimpleCam and seems very simple and focused on cockpit camera.

Is it possible to assign key different from 1-9 such as CTRL+1 or via FSUIPC?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270