Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

The new Lufthansa livery...thoughts?

Hey guys,

Being fond of Lufthansa's now "old" livery (Just look at my downloads to get a hint of how fond, hehe), I'm holding back the feelings that the new livery brings until I give it some time.

Initially I feel they completely missed the mark, and had financial undertones when choosing a new livery (2 less colors to mask off and paint, unless you want to count that little yellow sticker as a color in the theme).

Personally, I loved the yellow and how it worked with their very nice blue.  And the gray underside and engines were a great offset color that brought the whole livery together.

Now, with the gray and yellow gone, and that blue band that continues from the vertical stab, they look like so many other airlines it makes me ill (not to mention its more difficult for us sim painters to paint...matching the lines and wrapping it under the belly).

I think this livery may flop like Delta's wavy gravy (or Deltaflot) or Iberia's hideous idea of a fresh new livery, or the New Coke....some stupid marketing firm's idea to "inject new interest and excitement" in the brand.

Hoping to hear your thoughts while keeping it civil, hehe (As I know there are a LOT of Lufthansa fans here).

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

And there goes my hope for a Drabek version of the new DLH livery... ;)

While I understand the controversy around the new design, i actually like it. Its a minimalist approach (pun intended) but retains the brand recognition, although the 'fried egg' is now history. The new, darker blue goes quite nicely with the white main color imho. 

Boring Qantas copy, just blue instead of red and with LH logo.

IMO completely unnecessary. 

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Cold and boring, exactly the Lufthansa. The yellow was still a bit warm at least, but Lufthansa has not been around for a long time, so it fits in nicely with LH.

henry k

I see it too similar to QANTAS as well. They just put blue on the same area as QANTAS has red. 

The change from the yellow logo does look better 

Matthew Kane

Everything is economy based - less colours, simple scheme means less money out from Lufthansa account

I hate that but it looks that is something we have to get used to.

Other airlines also go similar direction, very soon we will see boring white planes with small airline logos only.

Artur 

Garbage scheme,in my opinion

Not seen  a decent scheme on an aircraft for quite a while 

Pete Little

A disappointing colour scheme - dull and uninspiring. Might look slightly better if the crane  logo on the tail was yellow.

Bill 

4 hours ago, Woozie said:

And there goes my hope for a Drabek version of the new DLH livery... ;)

While I understand the controversy around the new design, i actually like it. Its a minimalist approach (pun intended) but retains the brand recognition, although the 'fried egg' is now history. The new, darker blue goes quite nicely with the white main color imho. 

Hey Lars,

I'm not counting out a version of her just to have the livery available.  I may coincide it with PMDGs 747-8 roll out as I have not seen the livery on the -400 yet...if we see a -400 in real life before we see PMDG's -8 in our hangars, I'll probably kick one out.  I'll just have to either get a good shot of the tail for a photo conversion, or just modify the Atlas paint since it is so similar in the tail region and I've already done the hard part of matching the lines where they break across the texture maps and wrap around the belly.

If they only kept the yellow for the logo, and made it a bit thicker, I may have eventually grown to like this livery...but with no yellow except for that little sticker, I'm not liking it.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg