Sign in to follow this  
Gwhaarmann

Styles Menu

My PMDG 737NGX tool bar does NOT have  a PMDG Styles menu.  Am I in the wrong place?

George Haarmann

KPHX

Drum & Bugle Corps Fan

Hi,

12 minutes ago, Gwhaarmann said:

My PMDG 737NGX tool bar

Sorry, what is that? I cannot remember any kind of tool bar on the NGX.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

19 minutes ago, Gwhaarmann said:

My PMDG 737NGX tool bar does NOT have  a PMDG Styles menu.  Am I in the wrong place?

We have NOT used toolbars for at least a decade.

Perhaps you're confusing the NGX with the older FS9 version. Everything is managed through the CDU now. The Intro Manual should always be your first go-to. Saves a lot of time and frustrated posting.

Kyle Rodgers

Yup,  I have been confused. ( Memory issue  84yrs )

I am wanting to select a particular airline. I was looking at a PMDG 737 Next Generation Manual that references the tool bar I mentioned. OLD STUFF!!!

I looked at the 737NGX CDU under Setup and see their is a ton of info to select from. However... I still can't seem to find what I want, or would like.

I also see under "Select Aircraft" a wide selection of types of Commerical Airlines. I am assuming that will be my only option.

BTW  want I meant  by "Tool Bar" is the very upper portion of the screen in Cockpit that states FLIGHT, AIRCRAFT, WORLD

Thanks for your help guys

George Haarmann

KPHX

Drum & Bugle Corps Fan

52 minutes ago, Gwhaarmann said:

I looked at the 737NGX CDU under Setup and see their is a ton of info to select from. However... I still can't seem to find what I want, or would like.

I also see under "Select Aircraft" a wide selection of types of Commerical Airlines. I am assuming that will be my only option.

BTW  want I meant  by "Tool Bar" is the very upper portion of the screen in Cockpit that states FLIGHT, AIRCRAFT, WORLD

As noted in the Intro Manual:

Selecting a particular airline will set your aircraft up with that particular airline's settings (just like the old FS9 version's Styles function did, but it does it automatically, for every button/switch/option/etc, simply by selecting the livery). The Intro Manual also describes how to use another aircraft's (and therefore airline's) setup for all aircraft.

Kyle Rodgers

There is no more PMDG menu in the Simulator menu bar. As Kyle said, all the options (and many more) that were in that menu in older versions are now selectable via the CDU PMDG setup and FS actions.

If you want to select an airline, you have to install the livery via the PMDG operation center that is out of the simulator prior to launch the simulator.

That livery will show in the simulator free flight menu where you select the aircraft (make sure you tick "show all variants". The livery can come with a verified set of options (if you see the text file icon close the the livery in the OC). If you know the options related to that airline, you can also configure the aircraft via the CDU selecting all option while the flight has been loaded. All the options can be changed at any time of your flight.
For further reference, be sure you read the introduction manual that will guide you through all the menus of the CDU.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.